Cutting plywood sheets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a nice design but you are loosing a LOT of cut depth.
Thanks and yes, I'm losing loads of cutting depth but I just have enough left (about 22mm) to make a tidy job of cutting 18mm sheets.

Maybe you could if not already manage something like this on your version???
The blade is hard up against the blue masking tape on the guide rail and on the outside the bottom layer of the support is also right up against the blade so there's pretty much zero clearance on both sides.

The hard part was getting the guide strip straight and parallel to the edge of the contiboard. That took several goes to get as good a result as I wanted. It's obviously pretty much a single purpose bit of kit (I won't be doing any in situ door trimming with it!) but on the other hand it cost me less than a tenner. Generally I won't have contiboard in the house, but it's smooth, square and VERY cheap so it was just right for this job.

Windy*miller":uhtsu8rh said:
The hard part was getting the guide strip straight and parallel to the edge of the contiboard. That took several goes to get as good a result as I wanted.

I have a setting gauge that I use for this job. It's got a ruler on it so I can just dial the width I need. I use it to set the rear edge of the saw guide, so I don't have to worry about setting the board to a pencil line. It takes seconds and is 100% accurate.

It's what's known in the trade as Right First Time Every Time.

:)
S

It seems that for any measuring job there's a tool you can get to make it easy. And people think men don't like shopping!

Latest posts

Back