Crown tools customer service. Second to none

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hornbeam

Established Member
Reaction score
Having started turning again, I recently purchased a crown tools revolution hollowing tool. While I am happy using the older style ring tools, I couldnt get any satisfaction with it. I contacted crown tools in Sheffield and spoke with Edward Gandy. What a fantastic response. They sent me a replacement tool correctly set up by them just to ensure it wasnt my incompetence. Unfortunately replacement tool was no different, but I have persevered with it and results are a bit better but still having issues. Edward contacted me about a week after teh replacement and has now sent me the larger version of the tool to try.
I cannot fault the support and service and will definitely use crown tools again and cannot recommend them highly enough. It makes a pleasant change from what we often get.
If I can get on with the crown tool we will have to wait and see but it wont be for lack of support or want of trying

Ian

Hornbeam":1ggtmme7 said:
Having started turning again, I recently purchased a crown tools revolution hollowing tool. While I am happy using the older style ring tools, I couldnt get any satisfaction with it. I contacted crown tools in Sheffield and spoke with Edward Gandy. What a fantastic response. They sent me a replacement tool correctly set up by them just to ensure it wasnt my incompetence. Unfortunately replacement tool was no different, but I have persevered with it and results are a bit better but still having issues. Edward contacted me about a week after teh replacement and has now sent me the larger version of the tool to try.
I cannot fault the support and service and will definitely use crown tools again and cannot recommend them highly enough. It makes a pleasant change from what we often get.
If I can get on with the crown tool we will have to wait and see but it wont be for lack of support or want of trying

Ian

Maybe Mark Sanger can show you better watch his videos on the tool

I too have had super service from Crown. I bought some of their mortice chisels which I was not completely happy with the finishing of; they replaced them with "good 'uns" (Sheffield speak) without hesitation.

I use the crown cryogenic range, can't fault them at all. I've never had an issue but think they are top quality tools. Love um !!

Another vote for checking out Mark Sanger's videos on YouTube!

I've got the Mini Revolution and subsequently bought the larger shaft and made myself a much larger, longer handle - just haven't had the time to really play with it! Bought them all from Mark and his prices are discounted; the tools themselves come direct from Crown.

Marks' customer service is also exemplary and besides answering my questions he has also supplied me with newer links that use countersunk screws and the screws themselves. If you read this, Mark - thanks again!

Starting to get the hang of the the tool. Crown have supplied a new carbide cutting tip which is fantastic,. Tonights hollow form about 6 inches in diameter.

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 625
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 625
Back