cross cut sledge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
Normally Norm uses his own build cross cut sledge, but on Tuesday's epesode, he used a special fabricated cross cut sledge, which used both of the slots of the table saw. which also had a build in saw guard and flip stop

looked very impressive

does not look bad,

but with the one norm had, both sides on either side of the blade were connected, and with that, i am sure you are getting a better cut, due to less dragg of the workpiece

Come to think of it, it can't be. Doesn't have the guard you're talking about, unless they sell that separately. I have a couple of books that have plans for sleds like you describe(guard and all.) One also has a few attachments for tenoning etc., and a replaceable centre insert for zero clearance. I'll try and look them out if you're interested in the titles.

Brad

I can't remember where I've seen double mitre saws before, but I seem to recall they're not that new. I'd swear I've seen a mitre-box equivalent (like a cast-iron mitre box) with a long back saw at some time in the past.

Scrit

On the one norm used both sides (either side of the blade) were connected by a bridge (steel square tubes) this has the benefit that both sides of the wood put through the saw are supported, (equal hights)

Didn't see the show but it may've been this one?
slidetable.jpg

Only $450.

Noel,

That was the one, (his one had a guard on it though)

I was just surprised that he put is own shop made jig aside and went for that one

Back