Coulb be a bargain - Spindle Moulder.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up Tom. As you say it might be a bargain for someone in the market for such a machine. Charwood are mainly clones of other machines, and some of them are very good.

Cheers

Mike

Being a relative ignoramus on such machines - does it take all the readily commercially available cutters\blocks\limiters\etc.? Or are there ones it doesn't take?

Cheers

Dibs

It will take standard 30mm spindle tooling but you are limited to 140mm in diameter which shouldnt be a problem for running a euroblock and euro knives and a rebate block.

Just to clear something up on the posting of ebay links. It is against the rules to post your own links as a member of the forum but its ok to post links to random sellers that have nothing to do with the forum so they benefit. Have i got that right?

cheers

jon

JonnyD":1iq8hupu said:
Just to clear something up on the posting of ebay links. It is against the rules to post your own links as a member of the forum but its ok to post links to random sellers that have nothing to do with the forum so they benefit. Have i got that right?

cheers

jon

You have indeed got it right Jonny, totally right.
I'm sure one could contrive (is contrive a verb these days?) matters so that a link may appear to be from a random seller but hardly worth the trouble.
Not referring, of course, to you Tom

JonnyD":2stgrpzs said:
It will take standard 30mm spindle tooling but you are limited to 140mm in diameter which shouldnt be a problem for running a euroblock and euro knives and a rebate block.

Cheer Jon. Would such block\knives be sufficient for the hobbyist, etc.?

As the m\c in the link doesn't come with anything in the way of block\knives - how much could you reasonably expect to pay?

Cheers

Dibs

Hi Dibs You could pick up a small block for about £45 which will take all the 40mm euro knives. The 93mm diametrer of this block should mean that when the knives are installed you will be within the 140mm diameter http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/50mm-EURO-SPINDLE ... 0709698902 This seems pretty good value as a rebate block and comes with a bearing for copy work. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHARNWOOD-RCB8530 ... oodwork_ET

Those 2 blocks will get you up and running then you can look into dedicated blocks and groovers after youve got the hang of it.

cheers

jon

Noel":3sz6ncdl said:
JonnyD":3sz6ncdl said:

cheers

jon

You have indeed got it right Jonny, totally right.
I'm sure one could contrive (is contrive a verb these days?) matters so that a link may appear to be from a random seller but hardly worth the trouble.
Not referring, of course, to you Tom

:D Not my link i was just browsing. Dibs have the exact model to that but branded under a different name. If you were interested in buying one your more than welcome to come and see it in action. I,m in hull so not a milion miles from west yorkshire..

Back