Coronavirus

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Droogs":2bqreui8 said:
In my night musings of listlessness on Saturday, I came across a live feed from Vancouver of Anti-vaccers etc protesting in the streets about being subjected to martial law and how the whole thing was lies and the people dying were dying of normal stuff and just being used by the gov to have a NWO coup. what a bunch of wazzicks
This is a great opportunity for a sweepstake for what the antivaxxers will claim a forthcoming Coronavirus vaccine will give you. My money is on a strong cause of growing a 5G mast out of your butt.

CMTm5K1U8AEVBZA.jpeg

(yea, I know that's not a 5G mast)

Attachments

• CMTm5K1U8AEVBZA.jpeg
    CMTm5K1U8AEVBZA.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 145
sploo":3da7c6dl said:
FatmanG":3da7c6dl said:
I wonder how many of the people shouting and screaming blaming the govt for everything are the same people who ignored the advice then the rules then ending up with fines. What gets me is that screaming and bleeting about incompetence when it was clear what was happening in Italy etc, if it was so clear why didnt they scream nd shout then or then the population self isolated, why didnt they take responsibility for themselves? and don't blame they were forced to go out to work etc. If something that could kill me as easy as I could fart was so clear then no matter what i wouldnt be going out. Im fed up of seeing the GOVT blamed by people who sit on their buttocks and do nothing to help situation.
STFU
Given the data available (especially from Italy) I believe one of the criticisms comes from the government pursuing a flawed herd immunity strategy, when they arguably could/should have gone for the lockdown immediately. I don't know from where the herd immunity policy came, or exactly what caused the change in direction.

Point being: there was enough info available from countries that were a few weeks ahead of us to warn of what would happen, so learning from that would have been a good idea.

The second issue is the lack of PPE to protect frontline NHS staff. Exactly where the "blame" lies there; I guess we'll see in time. Or rather, I guess we'll see a whitewashing of the failure, published on page 27 of the papers in some months; because there'll be some new story on the front pages to keep the public entertained.

You maybe right theres been 114 or so pages of the same argument being served up time and again. Ive heard it im immune to it :D
This is not a govt bashing thread how about some posts about what they are doing to help? how they are making and taking food into the their local hospital etc if i wanted to read/hear pointless drivel over and over again id watch sky news 24hrs a day this is not the platform its been said by the mods several times now its supposed to be a corona virus thread not a govt political one.

I felt Bill Gates spoke sense yesterday on the point that there needs to be a global strategy worked out now for how once a vaccine is identified it can be manufactured and distributed efficiently.

It is also in my view to the credit of the UK that we are one of the biggest donors to international aid efforts to support poor countries that are being hit by C19. It would be easy to say we cannot afford it but if we leave places for the virus to prosper it will keep crossing borders and coming back. Hopefully others will step up to the plate.

A vaccine is going to be a waste of time and money I feel. By the time one is ready (a year minimum) this virus will have already spread across the world.

Generally you do not remain immune to coronavirus it usually only lasts a couple of years and then you can get it again. So why take the chance of all this (veggie of choice) hassle again

FatmanG":2zaq6p3n said:
I wonder how many of the people shouting and screaming blaming the govt for everything are the same people who ignored the advice then the rules then ending up with fines.
I think it'd be hard to establish with any certainty, Fatman - maybe you could start a research group to look into it? Not sure where you'd get the funding from tho, tbh. Didn't really follow the rest of the post about screaming and bleeting and farting.

This is not a govt bashing thread how about some posts about what they are doing to help? how they are making and taking food into the their local hospital etc if i wanted to read/hear pointless drivel over and over again id watch sky news 24hrs a day this is not the platform its been said by the mods several times now its supposed to be a corona virus thread not a govt political one.
Now I'm confused again. You say it's not supposed to be a 'govt political' thread, so nobody's allowed to criticise the government, but you do want people to post about the good work the govt is doing?

nope

Rorschach":wpp63g3k said:
A vaccine is going to be a waste of time and money I feel. By the time one is ready (a year minimum) this virus will have already spread across the world.
So has the flu.

Viruses mutate, and as Droogs has noted; immunity through previous infection doesn't last forever.

Droogs":h59fp7s2 said:
Generally you do not remain immune to coronavirus it usually only lasts a couple of years and then you can get it again. So why take the chance of all this (veggie of choice) hassle again

If that's true then I would agree. However I heard some virologists says that the next time we get hit by it say next winter, it might be the same or it could very well be a slight mutation, in which case the vaccine is no use anyway.

Chris152":14ybi2j8 said:
FatmanG":14ybi2j8 said:
I wonder how many of the people shouting and screaming blaming the govt for everything are the same people who ignored the advice then the rules then ending up with fines.
I think it'd be hard to establish with any certainty, Fatman - maybe you could start a research group to look into it? Not sure where you'd get the funding from tho, tbh. Didn't really follow the rest of the post about screaming and bleeting and farting.

Now I'm confused again. You say it's not supposed to be a 'govt political' thread, so nobody's allowed to criticise the government, but you do want people to post about the good work the govt is doing?

nope
Let's play nicely Chris. Privately I'm seething at the ineptitude that's endangered so many people (my wife is an NHS doctor, so very much in the firing line), but I don't think FatmanG is the enemy here.

Rorschach":c0y8foru said:
Droogs":c0y8foru said:

If that's true then I would agree. However I heard some virologists says that the next time we get hit by it say next winter, it might be the same or it could very well be a slight mutation, in which case the vaccine is no use anyway.
I understand that a vaccine for a particular virus can have some degree of effectiveness against a virus that has mutated somewhat. Part of the "game" played by virologists is trying to work out which strain of flu virus is going to be the big one each year, and making sure there's enough suitable vaccine. Once you gave a vaccine for a virus type then mutations are going to be easier to handle. Coronavirus is SARS not influenza I believe; hence the difficulty of creating a new vaccine.

sploo":3f0pboi4 said:
Chris152":3f0pboi4 said:
FatmanG":3f0pboi4 said:

nope
Let's play nicely Chris. Privately I'm seething at the ineptitude that's endangered so many people (my wife is an NHS doctor, so very much in the firing line), but I don't think FatmanG is the enemy here.
Re-read his post beginning 'I wonder...' and tell me he's giving a fair account of criticism of the govt. I'm sorry but I read it as aggressive nonsense with a completely unacceptable STFU at the end.

Chris152":2yd0v4z1 said:
.........Ah, I see now - it was an arbitrary insult.

Not at all. I assessed the evidence and posted a helpful suggestion. "It's all the gubmints fault" isn't a great way of arguing, particularly when you assign blame for stuff that is the NHS' perogative and nothing to do with the government (PPE purchasing, for instance). You blindly call the government "stupid", but won't even enter a discussion about the definition of "stupid". You accuse the government of directly causing the absence from work of specific people in Newport, but won't back this with any evidence or logic. In toto, you claim the high ground of "critical thinking" when you only criticise, and don't show any evidence of thinking. I'm not suggesting you STFU for one second, but, as I helpfully suggested, you would help your cause if you were to engage your brain prior to thumping your keyboard.

MikeG.":2tzyzc1f said:
Chris152":2tzyzc1f said:

Not at all. I assessed the evidence and posted a helpful suggestion. "It's all the gubmints fault" isn't a great way of arguing, particularly when you assign blame for stuff that is the NHS' perogative and nothing to do with the government (PPE purchasing, for instance). You blindly call the government "stupid", but won't even enter a discussion about the definition of "stupid". You accuse the government of directly causing the absence from work of specific people in Newport, but won't back this with any evidence or logic. In toto, you claim the high ground of "critical thinking" when you only criticise, and don't show any evidence of thinking. I'm not suggesting you STFU for one second, but, as I helpfully suggested, you would help your cause if you were to engage your brain prior to thumping your keyboard.
ok mike, you're the alpha male. you win absolutely, your internet persona firmly in tact. god knows what it's shoring up, but good luck with it.

MikeG.":2rlbr1vl said:
Chris152":2rlbr1vl said:

Not at all. I assessed the evidence and posted a helpful suggestion. "It's all the gubmints fault" isn't a great way of arguing, particularly when you assign blame for stuff that is the NHS' perogative and nothing to do with the government (PPE purchasing, for instance).

This is really fatuous. The NHS is run by the Department of Health and Social Care. It is a unit of the executive, ie the government. With Hancock as its politically accountable leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back