Contacting Amazon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turnr77

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a UK phone number to contact Amazon? their customer support number or online chat gets you any of many different countries who have no dIrect contact with the UK and basically can only see what I can see in my account.

Nick

Should be 0800 279 7234

I’ve always managed to get the help I need from online chat though, refunds etc all sorted without a problem.

Should be 0800 279 7234

I’ve always managed to get the help I need from online chat though, refunds etc all sorted without a problem.
Do you know if this is to UK, have you used it?
Have used online chat and callback from them multiple times since Friday, they admit they have no direct contact with UK.
Driver appears today to have stolen my delivery and marked it as "handed to resident"!

I’ve not used it, I’m not sure if they have a call centre in the uk. Strange they can’t help, can they not tell you who you need to speak to?

It does say....

Contact Amazon UK customer service advisors on their free-to-call phone number 0800 279 7234. This is the general enquiries helpline for Amazon UK customers so any query about your Amazon order, including if it hasn't arrived on time or there is a problem with the item received, should be directed to this phone number.

That just gets directed to the next available agent, since Friday I have spoken to , India, The Philippines, Australia (I think) and The Caribbean. The most helpful were in the Philippines but you cannot choose where answers.

They have admitted that they have no way of directly contacting anyone in the UK other than send a message. Obviously I said someone needs to contact todays driver but they have no way of doing so nor contacting those in the UK that can. Just about the most useless customer service on earth.Their only response seems to be offering small amounts of credit (£5-£10) for the inconvenience as they put it, and please wait 24hrs to see if it arrives!

Online chat is my preferred method, I have never yet failed to get satisfaction from Amazon.

As I have said I've tried chat and phone to various locations, THEY CAN TELL ME NOTHING, they have no real access to any more information than I can see on my account, three different operatives have told me so.

Has anyone actually ever found a direct number for anyone at Amazon actually based in th UK? That's what I need.

Keep it simple.
All you need to tell them is that you have not received your parcel. Nothing else.
It happened to me last Christmas time.
I received an email to say my parcel had been delivered. I went outside, checked front and back steps, nothing there.
Contacted Amazon, told them I hadn't received my parcel. The guy said it's marked as having been delivered. I said It hasn't and I've been in all day.
He said would you mind waiting one more day, if it hasn't been delivered by this time tomorrow contact us again.
Next day I contacted them again and they resent the items.
It matters not what happened to it, whether the driver stole it, aliens abducted it, or Paul Daniels made it disappear, the only thing that matters is that you did not get it.

A week later the missing parcel turned up, I contacted Amazon again and told them. They said to keep it with their compliments.

I have had similar experience to Artie. All worked out fine. Agree with Artie - keep it simple.

Delivery drivers who lie are foolish - lots of CCTV about.

But this is now two parcels ( a mobile phone) ordered Thursday with Prime didn't arrive Friday, they didn't know why, it got to the local distribution depot then disappeared, was rescheduled for Monday, did not arrive again again they didn't know where it was but would be here by Thursday. Baring in mind this was Prime with confirmation of guaranteed delivery on Friday I was not happy.
Then Tuesday with no explanation get an email to say refund issued and will take 5-7 days to be back in my account!

Again customer service could not tell me why, but to re-order, I did and now they say I have received it.

See why I'm a bit miffed?

Thanks but that's their general number to whoever and wherever the next available operative is. I've already found the ceo's email and plan to email him when this is sorted.

Having worked for Amazon recently I would say the following:
A) they are an ENORMOUS company and just about every interaction they have between individuals (especially from different locations) seems to be carried out in a digital manner. COVID aside, they carry the corporate defensive strategy to the absolute limits so it’s hard to point a finger at part of their empire and take a pot shot at it.
B) Just because their “corporation “ is unable to tell you anything above and beyond what your account activity shows to any of their “customer handlers” doesn’t mean they are unaware of irregularities with your orders, only that they’re unprepared to discuss them with you (after all, that would be admitting culpability on the behalf of their company which NEVER happens..anyone who did so would immediately be guilty of bringing the company into disrepute and looking for a new job the same day with the epithet of Gross Misconduct on their CV)
C) if an individual within the supply/distribution chain has been misappropriating items, rest assured, they are aware and have a procedure for tackling this scenario although it’s something they would never ever discuss with any of their customers.
D) stick to the advice you’ve been given by others on here and deal with them on their normal channels just don’t expect an intimate interaction and live with the fact that they will resolve your order to the best of their ability. Live is too short to waste time venting your spleen (even if it does provide an emotional crutch for disappointment) so move on and devote the rest of your day to something which lifts yours or others spirits 🙂

Does anyone know a UK phone number to contact Amazon? their customer support number or online chat gets you any of many different countries who have no dIrect contact with the UK and basically can only see what I can see in my account.

Nick

A possibility is that the driver made a mistake and delivered to the wrong address. If the person who recieved it notifies Amazon or the carrier (or even drops it off in person), the parcel could easily turn up some days later.

I live in a "remote" area of Scotland, and delivery drivers (even Post Office employees) can struggle to work out where to deliver items. YMMV.

I have learned not to rely on Amazon's predicted delivery dates, they can change between time of ordering and time of confirmation emails. To be fair (reluctantly) whatever the legal situation, once the parcel is handed to a non-Amazon carrier, it is beyond their physical control.

Hope it is sorted out for you,
Frank.

Back