Contacting Amazon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having worked for Amazon recently I would say the following:
A) they are an ENORMOUS company and just about every interaction they have between individuals (especially from different locations) seems to be carried out in a digital manner. COVID aside, they carry the corporate defensive strategy to the absolute limits so it’s hard to point a finger at part of their empire and take a pot shot at it.
B) Just because their “corporation “ is unable to tell you anything above and beyond what your account activity shows to any of their “customer handlers” doesn’t mean they are unaware of irregularities with your orders, only that they’re unprepared to discuss them with you (after all, that would be admitting culpability on the behalf of their company which NEVER happens..anyone who did so would immediately be guilty of bringing the company into disrepute and looking for a new job the same day with the epithet of Gross Misconduct on their CV)
C) if an individual within the supply/distribution chain has been misappropriating items, rest assured, they are aware and have a procedure for tackling this scenario although it’s something they would never ever discuss with any of their customers.
D) stick to the advice you’ve been given by others on here and deal with them on their normal channels just don’t expect an intimate interaction and live with the fact that they will resolve your order to the best of their ability. Live is too short to waste time venting your spleen (even if it does provide an emotional crutch for disappointment) so move on and devote the rest of your day to something which lifts yours or others spirits 🙂
Interesting, in what capacity (roughly speaking, if that doesn't breach your confidentiality/privacy)?

Never had any issue getting refunds or returns from amazon via the chat. In fac tI prefer the chat to talking to them on the phone as I can save a copy of the conversation.

When I had a joinery shop, an amazon parcel arrived one day -since I had deliveries almost every day for hardware etc so I gave it no thought.

Anyway this parcel sat there for 2 months....so I opened it and it turned out to be a cake saw -for slicing up cakes into thin layers. I felt rather guilty then as some poor person mustve been expecting it.

Consider other suppliers. Amazon anger me that they provide a platform for, and seemingly turn a blind eye to, the sale of huge amounts of counterfeit goods. I certainly won't trust them for electronic goods anymore.

They'd have sent them another without even questioning it. On lower priced stuff even if it turns up damaged but useable, they'll just send you a new one and tell you to dispose of the damaged one as you see fit. Other times they'll just offer a refund of some kind or offer to send a new one and have you send back the damaged one at their cost. They also just send the replacement immediately, not waiting to get your one back.

With anything that I might be wary of being fake, I make sure to only buy FROM amazon, not "fufilled by amazon".

I've had lots of interactions with Amazon customer support over the years. I once received an email telling me that my replacement Garmin watch had been sent out and I was to return the faulty one or be charged within some time period. I thought that was going to be a right pain to sort out but a bloke in India sorted it after I was on hold for about 10 minutes with little explanation. I've bought someone a £50 Xbox gift card and when they tried to use it was already redeemed. Again, they just sent another out without questioning it. I have also had items delivered that I've not ordered or paid for and they've just said to keep them or dispose of them! Annoying at the time but not the end of the world.

In the end, as someone has already said, they're a massive company and that opens them up to areas of fraud in their complex systems. I just put up with these annoyances because they will just make it right eventually.

Golf practise nets! That was the latest one. I managed to say to the delivery driver the first time that I don't play golf and give him them back only for another one to arrive a few days later. That's in the shed now.

As someone else has said, you've got to keep it simple with them. Imagine you're talking to a robot. They're not interested in the ins-and-outs they just try match your issue to an option they've got on their computer. Hope you get it sorted.

Do you know if this is to UK, have you used it?
Have used online chat and callback from them multiple times since Friday, they admit they have no direct contact with UK.
Driver appears today to have stolen my delivery and marked it as "handed to resident"!
This happened to me as well a couple of months ago, after contacting Amazon a few times they refunded me the cost of the item. Contacted them through the chat, hope that helps a little.

Have emailed, Jeff Bezos and 2 UK customer service directors emails I found, will see if they reply.

I will never buy from Amazon again, over a year ago had to send an item back not working to a shop in Poland I was told by Amazon I would get a full refund inc., return postage if it was sent insured and signed for cost £11.86. Got the item refund after 2 weeks but not the postage after 6 weeks of emails, on line chats and phone calls and it being promised I never got it.
So no more Amazon and banned the family from buying me anything from them, I sure Jeff Bezos is not worried about this but thats the problem, the guy in the shop down the road wants me back so is helpful.
Hope you do better

If you really feel strongly enough about it, you could always go the traditional route, put pen to paper and write Amazon a letter. I did this a while back; wrote to the UK CEO of Virgin Media after a long-running issue and it was resolved quickly afterwards.

The UK Country Manager of Amazon UK is Doug Gurr. Amazon UK is a trading name for Amazon EU Sarl, their registered office is at 38 Avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg.

Send it registered post so you get a signature on delivery. Mark the envelope "Private and confidential".

No reply to emails even after resending this morning. Their customer support have now sent another out for delivery tommorrow. We'll see if this one turns up!

Interesting, in what capacity (roughly speaking, if that doesn't breach your confidentiality/privacy)?
I spent a few months working for a company where we were used exclusively to trunk freight around various Amazons distribution centres. The main positive aspect for me was we were regarded as Amazons own fleet and as such were handled slightly better than outside contractors and not left sitting around all day waiting to get either tipped or loaded. The bit that always did my head in though was how they would never let you leave a site with goods onboard until your trailer had a seal on it even though every site I went to with a loaded trailer never, ever checked your seal upon arrival!

I bought a Japanese saw on Amazon UK recently, they forgot to mention that it would be shipped directly from Japan. Its sat in the post office now waiting for me to pay £14.00 duty and handling charges. I have processed a refund through Amazon.

BTW - I have ordered tons of stuff via Amazon during lockdown and returns have been 100%, can't complain at all.

I have to say when there has been an issue I've had no problems either - when I bought 3 sets of bluetooth headphones ( I couldn't make my mind up) the package only had 2 and it looked like it had been tampered with (one side was open), using their online help I got a refund no problem, and when I decided which set to keep the return for the pother was also painless.

Another time an silly person delivery driver left my package (a trim router) on the driveway in full view of the road - at least that's what the photo showed - not surprisingly it wasn't there as the driveway is open on the front and the side, and the package was left maybe 5 steps away from the footpath beside the driveway (we live on a corner, no fence).

Again a quick explanation of the reality of where it had been left and another was sent the next day, with instructions on where to actually put it out of view from prying eyes.

I'm sure there are many times when Amazon drop the ball, but considering all the packages that get sent out, some will ALWAYS fall through the cracks - cutting off using them as a resource for online shopping seems a little "nose to spite the face" IMHO.

I too have used them a lot this year, with my health issues I've been isolating all through the pandemic. Having been getting a number of projects on the house done I have been using Amazon and Toolstation deliveries. My account shows 36 orders in the last three months. I have had 3 or 4 issues with Amazon so far, this is the worst.
My delivery is currently showing as 9 stops away delivery by 2:30, we'll see. It arrived at the delivery hub at 04:30 but was not sent out on the morning deliveries? I was then notified it was sent out at 12:18 with delivery between 12:30 & 2:30, as the depot is over an hour away how was it going to be here within 12 minutes?
Any bets on it arriving?😊

Back