Question re Amazon 'how many stops away'

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when I get notifcation from Amazon that an item is out for delivery, I will get the option to click through and see how many stops away they are. It's the type of delivery driver who comes in their own vehicle. This can be very helpful...."Do I start the glu-up now or wait a bit?" for example.

But a lot of deliveries I don't. Perhaps I'm missing that link or it's hiding? Dunno. What experience have others had.

I'm accessing the delivery link provided in an email and putting it into my browser. Happens the same on either Android or MacOS.

Sometimes when I get notifcation from Amazon that an item is out for delivery, I will get the option to click through and see how many stops away they are. It's the type of delivery driver who comes in their own vehicle. This can be very helpful...."Do I start the glu-up now or wait a bit?" for example.

But a lot of deliveries I don't. Perhaps I'm missing that link or it's hiding? Dunno. What experience have others had.

I'm accessing the delivery link provided in an email and putting it into my browser. Happens the same on either Android or MacOS.
Depends if the vehicle/driver has tracking capability. Not all drivers use the same app for delivery.

I agree that that explains some instances but today, I asked the driver the same question and she showed me her app with a map which looked exactly like what I would expect to see.

She definitely has tracking capability because she commented how often people are there waiting for her at the door. .

I found this on the Amazon website although just how much use it is, I'm not sure. Trouble is that, as far as I can see, we have three delivery mechanisms with Amazon ...Amazon, Amazon Logistics and Amazon Shipping. But then any of these may or may not outsource to a third party.

The point re wish list and gift address inhibiting map tracking is worthy of more thought, perhaps.

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 08.46.31.png

Back