Concealed Hinges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HexusOdy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to admit I haven't used concealed cup hinges before and recently bought some very nice Hettich hinges for some 25mm wardrobe doors.

When closed the hinge is going past 45 degrees. its naturally closing to about 40 degrees Id say which means I need a stop bead or magnetic catch. The question I have is simple, is this normal?

I expected them to close to 45 degrees.

I do have a stop bead anyway but before I fit them all I just wanted to be sure its normal behavior.

Im confused by the reference to 45 degrees, but in general con ealed hinges were originally designed for overlay door operations. The hinges is thus designed so the sprkng will hold the door snug against the carcase.

If you have 15mm cranked hinges for inset doors you will need stops to keep the door flush to the face frame

Sorry obviously meant 90 degrees. These are inset hinges and they are naturally trying to close past 90 but if as you say then it's as it should be.

Yes, you will need stops. Soft close 'buffers are a good solution.

Back