computer program with maps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caretaker

Established Member
Reaction score
I will try to explain what I would like.
I go caravaning and take my old lap top with me, just to down load some photo's from my camera but what would come in handy is a program that let me view a map of the area I was staying, say like Devon with places of interest.
Now the tricky bit, I can connect the lap top to the Internet at home, but it will not let me connect out side or caravaning.
So what I would like is a program to down load, that has maps of UK but when I use it will not access the Internet.
Any ideas would be gratefully received.
Reg

That is called geo tagging of photos. Picture files can contain other information as well as the picture itself and the GPS location is one of those other things.

You use a data logger to record where you have been then at some later date you connect it to the computer and download the 'track' files. Some clever software then compares the time your pictures were taken with where you were at that time according to the track file and adds that information to the picture file.

There are lots of different models of data loggers. This is the one I have

I did a review of it on talkphotography here but you will have to join to read it (free of course).

This picture has GPS in it. depending on your browser you may be able to right click it and 'locate in google maps' or similar

IMG_7666.jpg

edit. hmmm needs straightening :)

Latest posts

Back