Computer Desk

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Kev.

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics of a simple computer desk. One leg has cocked a bit but as I'm probably going to move soon, I'll probably let it settle into its new home before correcting.

I reckon I could have made the legs a bit thinner and more tapered to make it look a bit more elegant but as it's my first bash at a desk, I'm not wholly displeased with it.
Computer Desk End.jpeg
Computer Desk Front.jpeg

I think that’s great, like the way you matched up the boards on the top. I also made a lockdown desk. The leg size and weight I also struggled with as I know at some point someone will sit on it.

Fitz.

Thank you very much for the kind comments.

The matching up of the boards was less than ideal. It's nearly all cherry but I thought the grain looked slightly unbalanced so I ripped down a piece of walnut to give me a book matched pair of about 2" by 1/8" and then inlaid them into the cherry, the idea being to create more visual balance. If I'd been really clever, I would have thought of walnut breadboard ends as well.

The finish is nothing more special than just four coats of Danish Oil.

Thank you very much for the kind comments.

The matching up of the boards was less than ideal. It's nearly all cherry but I thought the grain looked slightly unbalanced so I ripped down a piece of walnut to give me a book matched pair of about 2" by 1/8" and then inlaid them into the cherry, the idea being to create more visual balance. If I'd been really clever, I would have thought of walnut breadboard ends as well.

The finish is nothing more special than just four coats of Danish Oil.

Ah ha, that’s crafty!

Here are a couple of pics of a simple computer desk. One leg has cocked a bit but as I'm probably going to move soon, I'll probably let it settle into its new home before correcting.

I reckon I could have made the legs a bit thinner and more tapered to make it look a bit more elegant but as it's my first bash at a desk, I'm not wholly displeased with it.
View attachment 100256View attachment 100257
Nice desk , how did you make the top?

Back