COMPETITION !!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep your right Mike.
I think i'm gonna leave it there.Me headaches coming back.
May the best man/woman win :D
After all it is just a bit of fun-isn't it :?:
Paul.J.

Agree...it's a bit off fun, but the rules do seem to me to need some careful reading and interpretation. I'm one of the guilty ones who have posted WIP of the project as it progresses, maybe I shouldn't have done so until after the Part 1 judging. My aim tho' is to provide forum members with a fairly detailed step-by-step guide to how the piece is constructed and to highlight any problems of difficulties along the way so that should anyone contemplate anything similar in the future then there's a guide on the Project Forum that can be referred to - Rob

woodbloke":168s7qti said:
Agree...it's a bit off fun, but the rules do seem to me to need some careful reading and interpretation. I'm one of the guilty ones who have posted WIP of the project as it progresses, maybe I shouldn't have done so until after the Part 1 judging. My aim tho' is to provide forum members with a fairly detailed step-by-step guide to how the piece is constructed and to highlight any problems of difficulties along the way so that should anyone contemplate anything similar in the future then there's a guide on the Project Forum that can be referred to - Rob

I agree totally. The point of the competition for me (particularly the wip) other than the fun aspect is to provide an example good or bad of how something was done for others to look at later if they want to. Not that my labours should be held as a shining example of how to do it but they may help someone somewhere if even in a how not to do it way ( though I'm probably just kidding myself) :)

Cheers Mike

Mike/Rob.
I think your wip piccys are great,better than what i have done.
I nearly gave up with the piccys,as you will probably see when they come on there are parts of the build missing,just from me forgetting to take a piccy,or the batteries going flat,Bought some dud ones.
Mike for a beginner you do have some great hand skill there and am impressed with what you have done so far :D
But i do think that they have shown the design part better at this stage.
If you see what i mean :roll:
I also think that the voting should be announced on each forum page in bold red to stand out more,as it does seem that some members did miss it.
Paul.J.

woodbloke":v0t4fxcv said:
I'm one of the guilty ones who have posted WIP of the project as it progresses, maybe I shouldn't have done so until after the Part 1 judging.

No need to feel guilty at all in my view, Rob. Don't know about others, but I find your WIP stuff really inspirational. Please carry on posting the stuff :wink:

Cheers :wink:

Paul.J":2e4rql44 said:
But i do think that they have shown the design part better at this stage.
If you see what i mean :roll:
Paul.J.

Sort of :) funnily enough though there is no design for the thing in my WIP other than what's in my head. and a drawing of the doors to allow for cutting glass to size. I'm very bad at drawings / designs - hence my appalling part 1 entry :)

Cheers Mike

Mike.
My drawing is the first i've done since leaving school,and was concerned about the level of the drawings that would be entered,especially those using Sketchup etc which surely do have an advantage when viewed.
I'd have used it if i knew how. :roll:
Paul.J.

Paul Chapman":2y43d07s said:
And someone give Pekka a vote - it's a very nice bathroom :wink:

Paul

:D And someone did. :D Thanks for the compliment.

Have to admit that the bathroom drawings are not finished yet and never will. I'm currently doing the plumbing and 'lectrics and after putting up the framing I noted that there is no use of accurate drawings as the walls are warped, twisted and everything but square. But I'll catch up with the actual job, mind you :wink:

But a side question as the progress progresses. If anyone in the competition wants to submit WIP pictures and descriptions (well, after the design competition), should they be on the proper Competition thread or where?

Pekka

Back