Competition entrants

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
duncanh":ipyexv2j said:
I'm in, but please don't ask for WIP photos as I hate taking them - it breaks up my turning process too much.

Duncan
Pity you do not want to do WIP photos...I am looking forward to the WIP
threads...
Give it a go well at least on or two... :lol:
Good luck duncanh..

Jenx":3ox5owkr said:
I Agree Pete, JohnnyT said before that he'd be 'in' too... so here's hoping he pops up soon !

And here I am popping up :lol:

Yeah, I'll have a go :D

Any rules? Are we all going to make the same thing or just a free for all?

JT

hiya all. i have not replied to this thread untill now, mainly because these things dont usualy get off the ground. after reading this , and the original thread, i ask. where are the penturners. :cry:
i know some of you guys only turn pens so get in here and do one for the comp. i am willing to be a judge and not enter for the penturners if you wish. i have just had a thought. pens are very cheap to post. so what about sending them to me to be judged and i will even pay postage back to you :D its only a suggestion mind :wink: what do you think. after all the fit and finish to the pen components should after all lok and feel right.

Don't think it is going anywhere now. Tom's pulled out according to the other thread.

Hopefully, the concept isn't quite dead & buried yet.
I'm a bit disappointed to say the least, in the manner which it appears that Tom has been treated by, as yet, unknown parties.

See the other thread.

Nice one Greggy.. :wink:

'Taint over till the fat lass stretches her vocal chords.
:wink:

greggy":2ffvil1z said:
hiya all. i have not replied to this thread untill now, mainly because these things dont usualy get off the ground. after reading this , and the original thread, i ask. where are the penturners. :cry:
i know some of you guys only turn pens so get in here and do one for the comp. i am willing to be a judge and not enter for the penturners if you wish. i have just had a thought. pens are very cheap to post. so what about sending them to me to be judged and i will even pay postage back to you :D its only a suggestion mind :wink: what do you think. after all the fit and finish to the pen components should after all lok and feel right.

I've had a lathe for about a month now, bought mainly to turn pens.
I have some slimline kits and some pen blanks so I'll give it a go :D

TEP":c4qzj8vw said:
Don't think it is going anywhere now. Tom's pulled out according to the other thread.

just to clarify this for everyone I have agreed to pick up the batten from tom (with aluns help) but we arent going to go any further until we have official sanction from mods or charley.

Therefore please go on registering interest on this thread as it will help me make our case , but bear in mind that this is not a definite go until or unless official permision is granted

(see the other thread for full explanation etc)

also note that i have asked pete (bodrighy) who was the OP on this thread to alter the title to competion interest or similar to reflect this position.

and a further update , we now have official sanction so we are systems go. I am facilitating things (with assistance from jenx) and will put a new thread up tommorow with rules (keeping it simple) , and timescales etc

anyone has questions , comments etc feel free to contact me by pm or post in the other thread.

I have asked that both comp threads plus the new one get stickied.

Looks like it's Thunderbirds are go. We have 25 entering (including one or two possibles) Thanks to BSM and Jenx for picking it up and to Tom for stoking up the initial interest.

Pete

Hello :lol: ... Just back from the Loch, after a really peaceful evening's fishing ... got to empty the car, hang up my waders etc, and feed the hound.
.... Will pick up with Pete Da Moose tomorrow ( Sunday ), and we'll go from there !
8) :lol:

jenx and i are going to have a conflab - then i'll be back later with more info - rules, deadlines etc

btw - noel tells me that the sticky function of the site is down at the mo , but when its fixed he'll sort out stickying our comp threads.

Back