combination mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Cochran

Reaction score
I am purchasing a 12inch sliding mitre saw but cannot decide on one of the following Elektra Beckum KGS305 , Scheppach 3 , or Makita LS1214LX.
EB kit I have found in the past to be slightly inaccurate and light weight.
Makita whilst good bit pricey. Have a scheppach planer/thicknesser (which replaced an Electra Beckum I sent back) it is a wonderful bit of kit. Would like to hear from any owners.

Rod

I have the previous Makita model, been in use for about 8 years and I have had not complaints, its still cuts as true now as it did new.

Don't know anything about the other models, but I'm sure someone will be along.

Hi Rod

Not on your list but I have just got the Bosch GCM 10SD which has a larger 12" sibling. I bought on comments and recommendations on here and have to say it is a fantastic bit if kit, double bevel and mitre up to 60 deg, all controls at the front with no fiddling around the back, very solid construction with very smooth sliding action and all other mechnics as well.

Highly recommended from me, look here and here.

Thanks for your input. The bosch was not on my list but then nor was the Ryobi. Over the weekend I had a chance to get the feel of some of them and like all short lists it went out the window I have ended up buying the Ryobi.
The Scheppech was a close second and I could have got it at a very good price (£300 + Vat)but it was only single bevel. The Ryobi was £390 +VAT but those kind soles at DB Keighley @ Staningley threw in the stand as well. If ever you are in the Leeds area this small business is worth a visit. :p

Hi

Glad to have helped a little, post a review when you get it, always good to see comments by users etc.

Back