Combi Drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This drill and deal been discussed before on here mate so try the search for more info. I have it when priced at £99 so at £80 it's a bit of a steal. Will do you for most DIY/woodworking jobs definately. The two batteries with 30 min charge time is worth the cost alone :)

I got mine the other day when it was pointed out by another poster. I noticed today they had one called site that looked quite like the makita same specs and all for just under £50 i'd be curious what that is like. I go through a lot of drills so it wouldn't be a bad addition if it charges on the same charger as my other makita drills. Anyone know?

If you are going through a lot of decent drills then you will probably go through the site ones quicker.
I heard Screwfix staff talking about the Site tools last night as one of them asked why they are so cheap as they are made by Makita:

Anything that can be plastic is and apparently not so tough.
Cheaper parts that will probably wear quicker.
Less torque settings
Less power

Note, I haven't bothered to check the above myself, it's just what I heard. It's what I would expect from a cheaper tool to be honest. They hadn't had any bad comments back so far in my local SF though.

Thanks i thought they'd be cheap cheap cheap, but i thought if the batteries are just the same but a different colour it wouldn't be a great loss and one could use the drill appropriately, like predrilling or throwing a countersink bit on it and leave it on, however i can get the 12v naked for £25 works out cheaper in the end.

Also says on This page "Batteries compatible with the above Makita". Fifty quid, it might well be worth a punt - I'm tempted myself; I have a DeWalt 18V combi and impactor that I'm very happy with but one of the batteries is starting to fade, and a whole new combi with 3 batts (albeit low Ah) for less than the price of a replacement DeWalt battery has some appeal...

Cheers, Pete

Back