Sip twin bag extractor removal of grate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumo2001

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I've got a sip twin bag extractor the inlet has a large size grate to stop large bits of wood getting into impeller the trouble is that it cogs constantly when I'm using my planer literally a few bits through then it's blocked rinse and repeat!! doesn't block when using spindle etc just my thicknesser Has anyone removed this without any problems please?

Hi,
It was certainly common practice to cut it out on the smaller 4 inch single bag extractors, I did mine within the first day, Never had any issues.I think it's more about stopping numpties sticking their hand in than stopping large bits of wood.

Hi,
It was certainly common practice to cut it out on the smaller 4 inch single bag extractors, I did mine within the first day, Never had any issues.I think it's more about stopping numpties sticking their hand in than stopping large bits of wood.
That's what I'm thinking

I removed the grate on mine the day I bought it. As mentioned above it's only there to stop you putting your hand in the impellor. But you have to put your hand in to clean the thing! Who would put their hand into the impellor with the machine running??

Back