Coffee table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niki

Established Member
Reaction score
Good day

The first two coffee tables that I made, 10~11 years ago in Japan, were very simple, 4 pieces of wood as an apron Super glued to the table top and the legs, Super glued to the apron corners.
That was about my knowledge and ability in woodworking.

3 months ago, I visited Japan and to my surprise, the tables are still standing (we gave them to friends).

Since than I bought a few books and registered to "Furniture & cabinet making" magazine that changed my view about woodworking.

The coffee table in the pictures is made of Lauan.
The first picture is the original table finished with clear varnish and the other pictures are after "we" decided to stain it.

niki

Coffeetable.jpg

CT1.jpg

CT3.jpg

CT4.jpg

CT5.jpg

CT6.jpg

Niki

There nice looking tables and to think that they were super glued. Its nice to look at your first projects and compare with what you do today.

Very nice - wouldn't have thought that superglue would have lasted that long in that sort of construction (but it obviously has :D )

Andrew

Sorry if you had the impression but this table is NOT made with super glue and its not one of the first projects

WS20.jpg

Very Nice pieces Niki,

Far far better than the items I was making 10 years ago.

Andy

Nice table Nikki, very nice. I need to make a coffee table this year or next and that is the kind of thing I would be aiming at. Thanks for the pictures

Latest posts

Back