Coffee & Side Tables - work in progress

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GS42

Established Member
Reaction score
We wanted a couple of side tables and a coffee table, luckily my neighbour had some white oak which looked nice that I was able to buy...

lump-of-oak.jpg

(I posted this pic to the 'intro' thread a while ago.

Trying to match colour/grain for the side table tops...
thicknessed.jpg

Discovered I was short of wood for some of the little detail pieces so had to grab another board...
oakplank.jpg

Which turned into a bit of a production line.....
spindles-1200.jpg

spindles-planed-1200.jpg

Now I've a few mortise and tenons to cut ;-)

Very nice quarter sawn oak. The Yanks call this ' Mission style ' furniture. Probably ' Arts and Crafts ' over here. How did you finish it. ?

Last edited:
Thanks all, it was finished with several coats of danish oil, then a light coat of wax (as I like the feel the wax is leaving ;-) ) tenons were cut by have but due to the number of mortices I cut them with a morticer.

Managed to get the two side tables finished in the same style today, took me longer than anticipated but real life gets in the way at times ;-)

sidetable-1200.jpg

Beautiful tables. I am intrigued with your speaker stand too. What type of wood is that?
Thanks, we think the wood is oak, I was offered five pieces of it many years ago and for a while they formed a playground in the chicken run before I found a use for them. I sanded them smooth but did nothing else to them but they work well as speaker stands around the room.

Back