Cleaning saw blades/cutters?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CroppyBoy1798

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Short of having to fork out some dough for products that clean built up gunk and muck off saw blades, router bits etc etc is there any other solution?

Any home remedies or trade secrets that'll keep the cutters clean and free of resin and the likes? Boiling water? White spirits?? 8)

Shultzy":237s5zlp said:
"Astonish" cooker and oven cleaner has been suggested as a good cleaner.

Unless you are a shoplifter you still have to part with money to obtain it. Why not just buy the proper stuff - CMT 2050 - as it does what you want, isn't toxic and will last for ages.

Steve

CMT stuff is the dogs B---------, and your right it seems to last forever

I find the best way to keep my router bits clean is to clean them with a toothbrush and oil (or white spirit, if they are very dirty/stubborn) as soon as I have finished using them. If you leave them to cool down the resin from the wood welds itself to the steel and becomes impossible to move.

This works perfectly well for me. I do keep them well lubricated with wd40 or whatever too.

HTH

Neil

Hi,

Mr Muscle Window and Glass cleaner I havent found anything better, cheap to, I just nick it from the wife. :wink:

Pete

We have a timber preservative in work that seems to do the trick when cleaning the resin off router bits, talking about that, I think I should clean mine up, they haven't been done in a while :roll:

Back