Circular saws - new or secondhand?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a corded circular saw as my old dewalt 18v saw batteries are getting old and there's not much power in it anymore.

I know used tools are a bit of a hit and miss (my used dewalt impact driver only lasted a year!) and I'm always wondering why people sell them unless they're on their last legs - but I keep seeing a few nice festools or hilti saws that are close to the £150-200 mark and wonder if they're any better than buying a new £150-£200 lower quality saw that end up being £50-60 when they sell second hand.

It you can find a Festool for £150.00 buy it, other than that, find a model shop and get the cells in the pack replaced, Weston UK in Teynham Kent are importers of Sanyo cells and do this regularly.

Mike

Whats the cost of replacing the cells?

I have 5 batteries, all pretty weak now. I thought I'd be having to replace all my dewalt tools for newer ones - which would be annoying and expensive.

I had a couple of 18v NiCad Atlas Copco (AEG/Milwaukee) batteries re-celled a few years ago by this company..... http://www.combatalexander.co.uk/main/m ... eries-home

They did a good job and the batteries still take a charge today.
The cost of having the original batteries re-celled was about 1/3rd of the price of buying new batteries at the time.

I cant say for certain that they still operate the same system now, but back then they had a lot of the common power tool batteries in stock. You would just send them your old batteries and they would send you re-celled replacements. The 2 that I had done were not a common battery so I had to go back and collect them about 10 days later.

Tim.

Latest posts

Back