Christmas Gifts?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SketchUp Guru

Established Member
Reaction score
SO this morning I suggested to Ian, my 4-1/2 yo son, that maybe we could go out to the shop and make a cutting board for his grandmother as a Christmas gift. He told me that grandma already has a “lemon cutter” but we should make a “cheese straightener”. (He came up with this on his own) This sounds a lot more complicated than a cutting board. I don’t even know where to start searching for a plan for a cheese straightener.

Has anyone here ever built a cheese straightener before?

I don’t know what I’m going to do when he turns six. He’s already smarter than I am.

Dave,
Fascinating idea and I wonder why grandma has bent or curly cheese in the first place!
However, knowing that you'll want to make a wooden gift, perhaps a mallet or a rolling pin could help with the "straightening"?

I'm sure you'll get a few more interpretations later!

David Ward

Dave
I predict a great future for him designing things for the Sell-o-vision tv channels. Wonky cheese just doesn't seem good enough anymore!
Matt

Dave

Build something like a Suisse Girolle. Most likely it is not the “cheese straightener” your son has in mind but at least it is kind of a “cheese straightener”. And it makes lovely thin curly slices of cheese (or chocolate). :D

Uwe

If you get a drawing for a cheese straightener send me a copy - my wife cannot cut cheese straight. It looks like it has been carved to fit around a 4 inch dia pipe when I take it out of the fridge :)

Cheese that want cut square used to really annoy me, iv nearly got over it now :oops:

I could never cut Viennetta(sp?) straight either, somehow the two supposedly :wink: vertical cuts around my bit always sloped outwards, so that strangely :? and and I've never understood this...my bit was always bigger :lol: SWIMBO and the kids didn't catch on for years :lol: :lol: - Rob

woodbloke":yfqsv2wt said:
I could never cut Viennetta(sp?) straight either, somehow the two supposedly :wink: vertical cuts around my bit always sloped outwards, so that strangely :? and and I've never understood this...my bit was always bigger :lol: SWIMBO and the kids didn't catch on for years :lol: :lol: - Rob

We must have the same bevel on our knives :lol: :lol: :lol:

You need the new Veritas Low Angle Bread Plane. Guaranteed to take 1/2" shavings from even the most challengingly (whole)grained bread.

Latest posts

Back