chipboard blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheik Hans

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I wonder if someone can recommend a 300mm saw blade for cutting fire retartdent chipboard . At present i am using a 72 tpi blade and its gumming up regularly . Resin build up combined with the retardent is making it hell to produce .
Cheers

Is it a faced board or just bare chipboard, if the latter then half the number of teeth.

Jason

Sheik Hans":3k8yiwly said:
Hi
I wonder if someone can recommend a 300mm saw blade for cutting fire retartdent chipboard . At present i am using a 72 tpi blade and its gumming up regularly . Resin build up combined with the retardent is making it hell to produce .
Cheers

We use a blade with half that number of teeth with no probs, apart from occasionally cleaning the blade and a decent finish.

what sort of fire retardent is it?
http://www.finsa.es/paweb/img/comun/fic ... /93-en.pdf
what thickness? 12mm
what cut lengths? cut lengths vary from full 10' sheets down to the final 300mm x 200m boards or various slightly larger sizes and numbers by the thousand .
what finish do you need? a relitively fine finish,no chipping .

The board isnt veneered .

Acetone doesnt shift this resin. I had to use a chisel and wire brush.

Cheers

[/quote]

OK.
Some of this might sound silly or obtuse....not intended.

horrid material to cut but does the job intended.

is the blade you are using sharp?
blunt blades will encourage build up of the resin which will "melt" onto the teeth and plate. and very difficult to get off.

run the blade with the height of the carbide teeth just above above the material. will give less area that will be in contact with the resin. (material = 12mm. tooth = 10mm say. top of teeth should be 22mm above the bed of machine)

Probably has too many teeth.
I would suggest Z=48.

Latest posts

Back