Cheapo No 2 morse Steb

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
monkeybiter":31pum7os said:
chipmunk":31pum7os said:
in February next year the patent will expire and we'll be free to receive these imports or make our own. With a bit of luck Axi will start to make something similar or better on their CNC machines.

If they've got any sense they'll be prototyping now.

Funny you should mention that back in the middle of 2006 I brought what Axminster called their Ultra drive which was just over half the price of the equivalent Steb centre, on the left in the picture below with a steb centre on the right. Soon after this they disappeared from sale, hopefully they will come back when the patent is over.

john

100_1347_zps7e1ed222.jpg
[/URL]

Likewise, I am looking for a steb in 1MT , but the sorby prices are a bit too rich for my blood

Jonzjob":35stpxuf said:
marcros":35stpxuf said:
i have just seen that the 1MT 1/2" version is only $5!

Pray tell where???

The 1st Steb I had was changed because the teeth were worn to round. First they tried to tell me that it was because I had touched them with a gouge/skew or similar, but I hadn't. Eventually they changed it. It was well under a year old and I am a hobby turner.

I would be very interested if anyone knows of the 1" jobbie with a 1MT mounting!

Back