Cheap Cordless drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadders75

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm after a cheap cordless combi drill or drill driver for my father in law, he has always brought the cheapest possible power tools, and then he wonders why they die after a year :roll: .

I sware by the Bosch green range, as i've had my 24v drill for about 6 years and 3 houses and its never let me down so far. But this is a little expensive for him to buy.

So does anyone have any recommendations for a half way decent cordless drill, preferably 18V and above for under £100, I'm leaning towards the Erbauer range from Screwfix, but does anyone else have some suggestions.

Cheers

Richie.

I had a performance pro cordless drill given to me as a gift from B&Q, i've used it a lot over the last year and its still going strong, really impressed with it.

I recently bought one of the Worx range from Homebase,also available from Argos. :shock:
I went for the 14.4v model and Im very pleasantly surprised at the robustness, feel/balance, and apparent build quality.
Its even got built in spirit level and charge left indicator.
Its a very comfortable drill to use and so far,,,,no problems.
:) beejay

http://community.webshots.com/user/eunos9

Have a look at the Axminster white range, reasonable prices and decent batteries.

Cheers, Paul. :D

i agree about one of the ryobi ranges which offer to use the same
battery for a number of pieces.

ryobi are a decent brand and seem quite well built

paul :wink:

Thank you all for your quick replys.

I think i'll direct him to the Ryobi range to be honest, it seems a well thought out piece of kit.

Does anyone know if Costco are still selling the twin pack ryobi 14.4v for around £70.

Beejay the last drill that packed up was a 14.4v Worx drill, i got him it because of the good reviews i had seen, but this one seems to have very little guts to it, and battery life seems very poor, possibly some duff batterys came with this particular drill.

i've got to get him something, the old boys 74 and i had to stop him screwing down his deck boards with his yankee yesterday :shock: , i hope im that active at his age :D

cadders75":1xmk8kqe said:
I think i'll direct him to the Ryobi range to be honest, it seems a well thought out piece of kit.

You wont regret that, they are probably the best of the middle ground manufactures IMO. If you do have a budget of £100 though, you could get a makita 14.4v combi for that, allbeit the older Ni-Cd ones. Not the 18V power you wanted, but I'd say that a 14.4 Makita is def better than an 18v Ryobi. Just a thoguht. :roll:

Back