Chainsaw helmet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glynne

Established Member
Reaction score
My old Screwfix helmet finally gave up the ghost with the visor breaking off (the ear defenders had previously done the same). I don't do a huge amount of chainsawing but as it only takes one accident, I'm looking to get a new one before I cut up anything else.
Can anyone recommend a good helmet please?
Thanks,
Glynne

Not sure whether or not it's any better than your previous helmets, but I use one of these, from Toolstation. Like you, I don't use it very often at all, otherwise I'd spend the extra on a better one, as this would more than likely not stand daily use. Decent value for occasional use, though.

Cheers
Stu

I use a Stihl one and its great. I had it given to me though so don't know the price.

I bought a Husqvarna recently, better than my older stihl.

Very good ear defenders and good clear visor, well worth the extra money.

I've got a Husqvarna that I've been very happy with, but to be honest I've got no recent points of comparison for it. It's comfortable, easy to adjust, clear mesh visor that stays in place up or down and effective comfortable muffs; and I do like a comfortable muff.

Latest posts

Back