Celebrity Turners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steadyeddie

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a thought. Does anyone know of any "well known celebrities" who are interested in woodturning.
I'm afraid the best I can come up with is I once spotted Geoffrey Hughes (Eddie Yates from Coronation Street in case you're wondering) at a woodturning show near Peterborough. Can anyone top that! :lol:

Cheers for now

Dave

*years ago I attended a woodworking show near Westminster, and spent a good 20 minutes pointing out all the excellent design features, build quality and possibilities of future work using the Jet JWL1642 Wood lathe to Baroness Margaret Thatcher

After all that, she just looked me square in the eye and said;

"This lady's not for turning"

So I sold her an oscillating bobbin sander instead 8)

*haha - parts of the above may be untrue - cheers

steadyeddie":2otm4wxr said:
Just a thought. Does anyone know of any "well known celebrities" who are interested in woodturning.
I'm afraid the best I can come up with is I once spotted Geoffrey Hughes (Eddie Yates from Coronation Street in case you're wondering) at a woodturning show near Peterborough. Can anyone top that! :lol:

Cheers for now

Dave
Geoffrey Hughes is a member of Wight Woodturners (Isle of Wight where he keeps sheep on his smallholding) and has been for some years.

You might appreciate knowing that he is quite ill and if anything ought to be in our thoughts and if you are that way inclined, in your prayers, by the sound of things he is very poorly.

I do not know of any other celebrities apart from myself, who are interested in woodturning!

Regards Peter.

Jetman":3sai5cyt said:
*years ago I attended a woodworking show near Westminster, and spent a good 20 minutes pointing out all the excellent design features, build quality and possibilities of future work using the Jet JWL1642 Wood lathe to Baroness Margaret Thatcher

After all that, she just looked me square in the eye and said;

"This lady's not for turning"

So I sold her an oscillating bobbin sander instead 8)

*haha - parts of the above may be untrue - cheers

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

petercharlesfagg":3myiegn1 said:
----Geoffrey Hughes is a member of Wight Woodturners ------You might appreciate knowing that he is quite ill and if anything ought to be in our thoughts and if you are that way inclined, in your prayers, by the sound of things he is very poorly.

Thanks for the update Peter, never good news to hear about illness in others but we all risk being in the same boat eventually, hopefully later than sooner, just a reminder to make the most of every day.

Just read up on Geoffry Hughes, thats so sad, he's such a great chap, from Corrie (and prior) right through onslow, royal family to heartbeat etc, he's always been a fantastic guy and a brilliant actor, I really hope he gets through this again and keeps on turning.

Back