Cab over truck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi here's a truck I made using sapele and maple the wheels are ebonised sapele for the tyres and beech rims thanks for looking

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 1,041
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 1,041
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 1,041
Thats an absolute cracker, love it, this is what the scroll saw is really for, well done.. Just wait til scroller frank sees this baby..

Thanks Steve took me about 8 months on and off i was glad when I finished it the cab lifts up and there is an engine I will post another photo of the engine later Bob

Bobman

I agree with Steve, it's an absolute cracker, it is more than a toy, it needs to be in a showcase.

I have 3 grandchildren, I know they would love grandad to make something like this, but I don't have the skill or patience required, well done you. =D> =D> =D>

Stew

Bob , apart from the coloring for the last 10 yrs of my working life I drove a truck identical to that .That is a real beauty and a wonderful piece of scrolling ,as DiySteve has said it should be confined to a showcase .

Thanks for showing .

Woooooooow Bob !!! That's the bees knees mate ,
Very nice =D> =D> =D> it's much more involved than my Toys and joys model .
is it the same plan with your mods ? or is it an other set of drawings .
whichever , its bloooody lovely mate, well done, eight months well spent !!!!!!!!!!!
-----------------------Frank------------------

That is brilliant.

Question.
Are there plans available for this kind work or do you have to measure the trucks at the local haulage yard?

Bryan.

Thanks everyone for your comments Brian I got the plans from gatto plans supplies in the usa

martinka":1o9yf1cg said:
I've spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how it was made. My gob is well and truly smacked.

Me too!
I thought a scroll saw was 'just' a mechanical coping saw :oops:
Are other techniques used in the creation of such an item, turning for the round bits etc??

Back