Buying Startrite table saw - replacement fence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnbulls74

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been looking for a table saw for a while and found this Startrite table saw has come up but it has no fence or mitre gauge or riving knife.
Does anyone know where you can get a replacements for these?
It looks like the bar which fits the front and back is included (sorry for the bad terminology)

thank you kindly
John

Attachments

• Table saw Startrite.jpg
    Table saw Startrite.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 687
You could try Alt saws. But if you can get the parts they are likely to be very expensive.

You could also make a beismeyer (spelling prob incorrect) type fence. There are numerous plans online for these from simple to complex.

I was looking f or the fence for the ta175 the price I was quoted was
£575+vat from alt saws the :shock:

ouch. I thought it would be a lot, but wasn't expecting quite that figure!

Making your own replacement fence is neither difficult nor expensive and it can be top quality into the bargain. Mine is. I've documented it before now (though my wisdom is not always free - I have to eat) and there are plenty of free examples on YouTube (although, of course, they are not as good as mine :) )
If you can mark out, drill a hole and tap it and own a spanner or two, you can make a Beismeyer-standard fence for under £50.

It was quite a difficult decision as the saw looked really good other than the missing fence and riving knife as I am struggling to find a alternative.

I didn't realise you could make your own and it be accurate? Is it something a novice can do?

As I say, you just need to be able to mark out, drill and tap. No welding, unless you want to. Adjustable for true in three axes. Both easy and excellent.

Back