Budget shop vac

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had the Lidl and Titan offerings (the "better" ones, with auto power switch on/off). Much preferred the Lidl offering. The Screwfix Titan is much noisier and feels cheaper.

View attachment 147978

Ah - interesting Henry to cyclone pipes!
Mine uses the Henry hose from the vac to the cyclone - and the cyclone is connected to the ducting with 40mm "pond hose" and some connectors my brother 3d printed (orange) - the spare Henry hose is hanging above the vac in the (I now have it attached to its own blast gate in the middle of the bench area, hooked up out of the way and ready for use)
Poor Henry doesn't like heights he's suffering from vertigo and would like some exercise too!!! He sees the bikes opposite and is v jealous!!!🤣🤣

I’ve got a Henry that I got from the reuse-recycle place at my local dump, and a big numatic that I was given; both work very well, consumables are readily available and cheap, and spares can be easily got.

If you look around, you’ll find plenty for sale secondhand or reconditioned ones for £80.

I've had an Einhell BT-VC 1500 wet and dry vac for workshop use since 2018 and it's pretty good and cost about £80.00 new. I've tried it in our home and it lifts the fitted carpets so it's pretty effective. I use it for collecting saw dust and shavings from my workshop floor as well as blowing leaves in autumn.

It also has a power takeoff suitable for connecting power tools both electrically as well as for dust extraction purposes. Replacement dry-use filters are readily available which can be brushed clean to remove the dust. For wet use it's a regular foam filter which again are readily available.
The large tank is stainless and has a drain at the tank base for emptying so all in all, as a cheapish heavier duty vac it does a decent job.

vac2.jpg

I’ve got a Henry that I got from the reuse-recycle place at my local dump, and a big numatic that I was given; both work very well, consumables are readily available and cheap, and spares can be easily got.

If you look around, you’ll find plenty for sale secondhand or reconditioned ones for £80.
I got mine for free too.
Turned up at a job and their Henry was outside in the pouring rain next to the bins.
I took it home, really just for the hose, and left it in my workshop for a few weeks.
I gingerly went to turn it on just out of interest and it worked. It just had a massive blockage in the hose and was working fine. Been going strong for a couple of years now. Sweet.

Latest posts

Back