British Blue Cats

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful cats Dave, one like that would possibly be my choice if ever we have another, how old are they ?

Steve

Super cats. When we lost our old blind ginger tom, we asked the local RSPCA to look out for a grey one, and to our amazement, a rescued one appeared quite soon. She's a nervous wreck still, and obviously isn't a true British Blue, but very affectionate to us.
The odd thing is that while grey cats were very unusual round Milton Keynes, they are (almost) two a penny up here in North East Scotland. Any ideas why this might be?

They look like lovely cats. We always had moggies and they were always entertaining and great cats. When we lost our last one there was this gap to fill and I thought we would give a breed a try. I researched and found the ocicat as seen in my avatar. I was happy that their life wasn't shortened or impeded by being a breed, something I feel quite strongly about (only personally no issues :)) and I have to say they are brilliant so inquisitive and involved, they play fetch, if "they" want to. wouldn't be without them despite being stomped on at 06:30 in the morning because it's "time to get up". With two of them they are inseperable like yours apart from the manic daily "chase me" games where they slide around the wooden hall floor trying to get a grip. If you have one you have to have two! IMHO

Alan

Mornin' all

Steve, they are now seven. The latest pic ( of the female draped on the wall) was taken when they were five.

Chems, join the queue :)

Dick, don't know the answer, but would be due to a gene that came off a Scandinavian boat. I can't see any advantage for a cat to be grey.

Alan, have you seen

http://www.simonscat.com/films.html

Whoever he is, he knows cats :)

Cheers

Dave

Hi, Dave

Cracking cats. we have to black cats this is Otis
DSC_0024.jpg

his sister is the runt of the litter and is only half his size and a bit timid but if we didn't have she would probaly have been put down.
He fell out of the window while washing him self yestersay!

Pete

:D Yes I was introduced to that a few weeks back. Just like one of my two. If she had opposable thumbs I am sure she would use that baseball bat in the mornings. She has taken to poking us now if she doesn't get what she wants at 06.30 interspersed with a race round the bed up on the headboard jumping off next to my head on the pillow. They can open doors too! I had to change the handles for knobs at the last house. We have sliding wardrobe doors in this house, they soon got the hang of them. We used to watch them work as a team on the door with a handle, one would swing on it to weigh it down whilst the other pulled it open.

Alan

Lovely cats, we've a persian/birman cross who is such a character. He also likes to play fetch.

If I could take the opportunity to rant :evil:
Had a lovely Saturday ruined. After a great time at the bash and then going for a curry. (not with the guys but my wife as it was her due date Sunday she thought a nice curry would help!) Driving home the car in front hit a poor cat and didn't stop! This is the second time in about 3 months I have come across a cat in the road. I can't believe the lack of care that would make you drive off. Cats are family members, would these people like it if their pets were lying on the road?

This one was made worse as the poor little thing was still alive. Tried a couple of doors but no luck with the owner. But came across a lady who had 5 cats, luckily this wasn't one of hers and we moved the cat to a secluded spot on the side and just stayed with her till she passed on.

I had a pair of BB's, mum and daughter, both now gone :cry: aged 15 and 14 respectively. I've had cats in the family since I was 10 and these were the daftest, most stupid cats I've ever owned...two on my lap at the same time trying to have cuddles took some organising :)
Wish I still had them - Rob

most stupid cats I've ever owned...two on my lap at the same time trying to have cuddles took some organising

Know what you mean :) first one helping with computer upgrade, They think my desklamp is a sunlamp

dsc02221e.jpg

dsc02232xq.jpg

dsc03175f.jpg

dsc03239wm.jpg

Back