BRAND NEW Dewalt DW733S Planer Thicknesser - 441 GBP INC VAT

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neil it's your fault, bread and water for the next four weeks! :wink:

Just placed my order, just could not resist, I have been thinking about a thicknesser for some time and your post pushed me over the edge!
This is the first De walt product for me(never liked the colour) :) .
Thanks again for your post.

Alan.

Hi Alan

Well done, I think you've got a brilliant buy there.

Like you I've tended to try and steer clear of DW. I must admit the DW mitre saw and drills that I have are excellent and have all been on special offer so, I think, have been good value.

Hope you enjoy it.

BTW, I saw on the new P/T that it only runs at 5m which is the setting you should always use on the one you've bought.

Cheers
Neil

PS I'm now off to join Gill, in the bunker, before any of these P/Ts actually arrive.

PPS Please move over Gill as I've brought a month's supply of biscuits.....................chocolate of course.

Well it arrived this morning, as promised by MTS Powertools weighs a ton well 63 kilos trying to work out how to get thoose legs fitted onto all that weight any ideas anyone?
engine hoist perhaps

Sawdust Producer":32ckyxpd said:
63 kilos trying to work out how to get thoose legs fitted onto all that weight any ideas anyone?
engine hoist perhaps

Anyone who has Neath RFC as their website should not have a problem with a mere 63 kilos.

Hang on a minute, Neath is in Wales, isn't it?

Yes I reckon you will need an engine hoist after all. :D
John

Well, looks like MTS have sold out - not on their web site any more. Bit of a bummer, cos I wanted one, but have no spare cash this month <sigh>

Oh well...

Hi there Sawdust Producer.
I had the same problem last year with a band saw, just rolled it onto it’s side and put the legs on then rolled in back upright again. Let me know how you manage it because my 733S arrives on Thursday (hopefully)

Espedair Street. Phoned MTS today to chase my order; they told me they had three left and more arriving on Friday.

Alan

Hi, SP,

I'm interested, too - mine is due tomorrow! 8) (hopefully)

Dunno 'til I get it but I'm thinking along the lines of putting it on a bench, overhanging, and attaching two legs, then moving it off the bench and, supported by the two legs, attaching the other two. Alternatively, placing the body across two trestles, if they are high enough, to fix the legs.

Probably neither of these ideas will work, so I'll be interested to know your answer.

Reckon Neil must be making a fair little wad of commission out of this little lot, don't you? :wink:

Cheers, Trev.

G'day Trev

trevtheturner":10c91mfp said:
Reckon Neil must be making a fair little wad of commission out of this little lot, don't you? :wink:

Who, moi? :wink:

Cheers
Neil

After putting it all together the motor does not work, gutted :cry:

I laid a 6" block on the floor and leaned the morticing attachment side onto the block, fitted legs and lifted up onto its feet, easier than I thought,

Instructions are very poor :x piece of metal that looks like a cutter knife for spindle moulder left over haven`t a clue where that goes anyone can help me there?

One thing thats not in the manual is to install the two bolts for the fence hold down levers before putting the pulleys guard on

Phoned MTS powertools this morning and they are sending me a replacement motor and they don't want the faulty one returned.

The part what is left over and looks like a cutter knife is for the mortising and spindle moulder attachment what is now banned in this country for this particular machine.

Mine arrived eventually today. Due yesterday, but TNT excelled themselves. Sent out two vans - one with my 733S on board and the other carrying the delivery note. :shock: Guess which van arrived at my place at 9.30am? :shock: Driver contacts base - no problem, the other van will deliver later in the day. Waited until 4pm - nothing. No 'phone number listed for my 'local' depot so phone TNT central number - they put a trace on my parcel then say it's my fault because the second driver tried to 'phone me but I didn't answer, despite the fact that I was by the phone all day, and he couldn't make a special journey in case I wasn't in! :roll: First driver had earlier confirmed that I would be in. From a civilised conversation at this point onwards the air turned blue. :evil: Asked for a contact to complain to - told I could not complain to TNT( :!: :!: ) but had to go back to my retailer. :shock: Said it was TNT at fault, not my retailer, but they didn't seem to understand. :roll: They weren't at all bothered that they had failed, I was angry, letter of complaint written and sent to TNT head office. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Promise was given to deliver between 8am and 12noon today - nothing.
'Phone call to MTS for assistance, most helpful and delivery eventually arrives at 4.15pm. Learn that if TNT make more than one attempt to deliver, they may charge the sender for each occasion! Leaves me wondering about TNT and the alleged 'phone call that never came through to my number..........

Sod's law then comes into play - friends staying today so can't set it up 'til tomorrow. :cry:

Sorry to go on, but thoroughly peed off with the carrier (the second time this has happened) - feel better now. :lol: :lol:

Trev.

You vent it Trev
I have had a simular problem with a shipper who despite being given an alternative delivery address(next door) they insisted on trying to deliver to my address on 3 days before leaving a card to say i must collect from them. I did much the same thing as you, but its annoying :twisted: :twisted:

Bean

Well I got mine; delivery man arrived on time, got the legs on OK, motor works, It took two hours to assemble and get and give it a quick test.
First impressions: The fence is poor, the cutter guard is a joke, the height adjusting handle feels like it belongs on a Childs toy, snipe on both ends of the thicknessed wood.

Could be worse I suppose, it could be painted a gaudy shade of yellow……….wait a minute it is.. Doh

Alan.

Back