SIP Planer/thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George_N

Established Member
Reaction score
I was in Costco on Saturday and saw that they have a SIP 6"x4" planer/thicknesser on sale for £152 inc. vat. I didn't think I was in the market for a P/T just yet but I hate to see a potential bargain go by. Would it be a bargain or would I be better saving for separate machines. Space is also an issue in my single garage/workshop so a combined machine is also attractive from that point of view. Any opinions would be welcome before I try and convince the financial controller that I really, really need one to build her new kitchen cabinet doors.

cheers George

Do you know if this is available country wide as I have a costco card. Might take a trip to Thurrock to see if they have any???

thats a good price, the best i can find it at is £189.

would be interested to hear if anyone has one.

like yourself george space is a big issue.

it looks neat enough that u could put it in a cupboard when not in use.

cheers scotty

Do you know if this is available country wide as I have a costco card. Might take a trip to Thurrock to see if they have any???

I saw the P/T in the Edinburgh store. No idea if they are stocked nationwide. Costco tend to get things in, usually at a good price, for a while then you don't see the item again for ages. I think that they probably bring things like this in by the container load and when they are gone they are gone. Last year they had a large set of imperial size Forstner bits at a great price, I dithered because they were not metric sizes and I missed out.

Ian

I was in the thurrock costco recently, and unfortunatly I didn't see the PT, however, I would give them call to check, they have quite good customer service and will be able to tell you if they have it.

BB

ByronBlack":1j6cxrpp said:
Ian

I was in the thurrock costco recently, and unfortunatly I didn't see the PT, however, I would give them call to check, they have quite good customer service and will be able to tell you if they have it.

BB

Thanks BB

Im in Rayleigh on Thursday, so I might trundle over and have a look.

I'm sure the P/T in Costco wasn't cast iron either, at that price, but I'd still like to hear from anyone with any first hand experience of these machines.

cheers

George

Back