Box Lining (cushioned)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motownmartin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Someone has asked me to make them a box for their Grandfathers medals and what I want to do is line it with some kind of cushioned lining that I could cover with felt or silk so when the box shuts it will hold the medals in place, does anyone have any ideas or has anyone done this kind of thing before, all info will be gratefully received.

Look at Kit Car sites - often the dash is trimmed with a thin foam which is then covered with Leather or Alcatara - lots of instructions and suppliers out there.

HTH

Miles

I would have thought a small piece of upholster's foam under your silk would do the job nicely.

You will probably need a thinnish piece and if you need to cut it try one of those electric breadknives with the oscillating blades (if you can find one).

regards

Brian

brianhabby":160rpyxf said:
I would have thought a small piece of upholster's foam under your silk would do the job nicely.

You will probably need a thinnish piece and if you need to cut it try one of those electric breadknives with the oscillating blades (if you can find one).

regards

Brian
Thats not a bad idea, i'll look into that, thanks.

motownmartin":t9ckd5f1 said:
brianhabby":t9ckd5f1 said:

regards

Brian
Thats not a bad idea, i'll look into that, thanks.
FoundThese people with very reasonable prices too.

Latest posts

Back