Bosch GTS 10 Vs. Metabo TS250

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatcho

Established Member
Reaction score
Right, after MUCH deliberation these are the two choices for a portable table saw for my workshop. Which one do you think I should go for? Both are priced about the same.

Heard some bad things about the fence on the metabo which is making me lean towards the Bosch.....

Help me make up my mind!

when you say portable, is it ever likely to leave the workshop, or do you mean that you need to move it about within the workshop.

i have seen mixed reviews on the Bosch.

i would look also at the axminster ts200, on a wheeled base. I dont know the other 2, but the fence on the ts200 is reasonably good. depth of cut is a bit less- it all depends what you want to do with it, and what other kit you have.

I can confirm that the fence on the Metabo TS250 is awful. I know, I've got one. The extraction from the crown guard is also pretty well non-existent. The rest of the saw is not too bad but the Bosch is better on all counts.
Another similar alternative is the Makita 2704 which I beleive is priced about the same as the Bosch and Metabo and is probably the best of the bunch.

Mark

Back