Book recommendation: Classic Joints with Power Tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ondablade

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Pardon all the posts these days, I seem to have a lot on at once.

You may all be familiar with it, but 'Classic Joints with Power Tools' by Yeung Chan was recommended to me by a guy on Sawmill Creek as a result of an enquiry i put up about three way mitres for a design i'm playing with, and is to my mind really a really good book. It's a US publication, but is available from Amazon UK at £12.74 plus shipping.

It's basically a great balance of thorough explanation and concise writing, and is illustrated right through with colour photos which must have taken so much time to set up.

It's aimed towards those using a table saw, bandsaw, router and table and drill press. It covers all conceivable joint types (100+), and their cutting methods - including photos and details of required jigs and fixtures. Plus materials, adhesives, principles and so on.

It's not like many of these photo books confined to the old reliables either - for example as well as the basics it covers some beautifully thought out joints like some of those traditional to China. (e.g. the 3 way mitre)

It's caught my fancy as a really useful reference to have anyway....

And its only £9.96 at the book depository co uk. generally cheaper than amazon i have found and they take paypal for all you ebayers.

pablopete80":8pm94942 said:
And its only £9.96 at the book depository co uk. generally cheaper than amazon i have found and they take paypal for all you ebayers.

Priceminister also have this new @£11.65/11.83 del'd less £3 with code AFFWELCOME3 for new accounts or if you get a mate to recommend you they will credit both your accounts £5, bringing it down to £4.65 with the above code.

knappers":18ziuuzj said:
AFFWELCOME3 not working for me...

Si.

Sorry not working, do you have a topcashback account?
Clear cookies and click through from there and try again or get someone to recommend you for the fiver.

Back