bobbin sanders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ring":3rc45loy said:
Going to buy one which one of these do you reckon would be the best.

Thanks Jim
Don't know but I've got one of these which does a perfectly adequate job at half the price if you don't need the tilting table

..I'm with MikeJhn..cake and eat it.....been thinking about one of these for a while...

Don't think about it, do it, the only negative I have found with mine, is that it comes with so many extra's that sometimes you put a bit down instead of into its dedicated storage slot and it disappears into that rift in the space time continuum in my workshop that has all my pencils and tape's. :shock:

Mike

Mike we seem to have almost every tool the same. If only I also had the workshop in France ;-)

I've got the Rutlands combi sander. As Mike says it is easy to lose bits. It's fairly loud too but that's not a big deal for how long you're using it.

:D Your welcome to come over and use it, be like home from home. :wink:

Mike

I have the Jet badged version of the Axminster bobbin sander. It's been excellent. Nice thick solid cast iron table, bobbins move up and down without any sideways movement / plumb and true. Dust extraction is good. I like the insert plates and the ability to tilt the table and for it to lock solid.

They come up on eBay regularly at a good price.

I bought the record one last july. Definitely worth the tilting table.
I was not aware at the time of the belt sander version. If I'd known I would have bought one.
I have a 4" belt and disc sander, but for me the tilting table is extremely useful

I use the Triton bobbin sander and have been very happy with it.

I bought the Rutlands version last year.
I think I paid around £100 at that time.
It isn't the quietest but it has facility to attach a vacuum pipe and it isn't bad for the money.

The combined bobbin/belt sander is brilliant, does all its meant to plus each end of the belt is also curved and can be used as a bobbin without changing over modes if the radius is right for your work.

Mike

I have the one from rutterlands, same as Mike, bit on the light side but still gong well after two years light use.

OscarG":30qiuz8k said:
I have the Triton one too, very happy with it. For such a simple tool not sure it's worth paying more for a Record Power one.

£120 from Screwfix -> http://www.screwfix.com/p/triton-tsps45 ... 240v/1417k

I do like the look of that combined bobbin/belt sander though ;)

The combined machine IMO is far better and only cost a little more, the additional cost is much less than the cost of a separate belt sander and it oscillates : http://www.rutlands.co.uk/sp+woodworkin ... nds+dk7010

Mike

Back