Blister has a few questions , and something to ask

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
big soft moose":15chfhja said:
. . . if he was reliant on a mere 20 sales for 7 weeks income he'd starve, therefore QED he isnt a trader and does indeed drive a lorry for a living

Hypercurium, apparently you didn't actually read through this thread? If you had you would have seen that according to HMRC's definition, Blister is almost certainly a trader. It may not be his primary source of income but that is irrelevant.

Steve

I don't have any problem with for sale threads, on a non commercial basis.

Blister, despite having another job (which isn't really relevant), seems to be selling items for profit, rather than just offloading unwanted items and the rules are quite clear:

( 8.1 ) Any advertisements or promotional materials of a commercial nature are prohibited.
These forums are not the place for you to advertise your own product or company. You also cannot post any affiliate or referral links.
Linking to your or other woodworking websites is allowed as long as it will benefit or prove useful to other members. Linking to a post on another group or forum is also fine.

As for comments in for sale threads, I don't think I've ever seen a situation where a for sale post has been commented upon with out basis. Comments which are unfavourable to the seller might just save someone from getting true value from a purchase. As a seller you have to accept this, I think.

Just in case you don't know, there is a for sale section here.

Personally, I'd like to see a 'For Sale' section, but I guess it won't happen.....and I'd like to see a facility within that for people that do trade for profit, like myself - to be able to advertise for a fee of some sort, I know it happens on other forums very successfully - some people have access to wood for instace in larger quantities than the average member has space or resources for and can pass on those savings at least locally.

Oh well....let's just not tear ourselves apart over this guys.....

Chris.

Scrums":2ulteqw9 said:

Chris.

Too late, I fear.......

Karl":2fhcu4mr said:
Scrums":2fhcu4mr said:

Chris.

Too late, I fear.......

not at all, if Blister just does the decnt thing and puts his items up for sale on ebay, the problem disappears - no rule bending, no "no comments please", no unhappy campers

SBJ":3vg6l0f4 said:
Karl":3vg6l0f4 said:
Scrums":3vg6l0f4 said:

Chris.

Too late, I fear.......

not at all, if Blister just does the decnt thing and puts his items up for sale on ebay, the problem disappears - no rule bending, no "no comments please", no unhappy campers

HHmmmmm......

So all the bad feeling created between the opposing "sides" on this argument will just disappear?

I think not.

Well lots has already been said so i'm not going to dive in too much - there are some things i want to say though :-

1) As a 'newbie' the help / advice / attitude i have had on this site has been all against that broken britain sh*t we get force feed on the news, i've loved it and i think forums like this should be something to be proud about please keep this for the next newbie lol, it means a lot to have knowledgable folks to ask for advice.

2) Blister - Did enquire about one of his trades and he was helpful, answered questions etc etc - thank-you anyway :) i can understand a request not to have a thread like that hijacked by playground stuff, personally id rather trade with someone on here than evilbay etc so my votes for carry on.

3) Playground stuff - come on guys manners cost nothing no matter what your reasoning behind it - don't agree with it then perhaps politer to start your own thread discussing those topics? Even if it titled as 'the most id ever pay for a.... is.....'. It just reads as too bitchy, we're people that use big proper dangerous things! Maybe the separate trade area would be a good solution

4) Is never forget point 1 :lol:

In the spirt of spreading some good vibes id like to finish up by saying after a day of concentrating on keeping my fingers i'm gonna drink vodka till i can't count them then i'm going to drink the black stuff to make sure the jobs done right :shock: May start a thread on Deans 2 part finishing tommorow - hopefully i won't have to duck when i wake up :roll:

Dean

If Blister were to give out £20 notes to every member, people would still find a reason to moan at him. Some people are just happy being miserable and trying to make other people feel the same. If people dont agree with his for sale threads, Dont read them its not rocket science.

Coley

So finally this thread comes down to an attack on Blister and his ability to sell stuff on here and make some small assumed profit.

The mods have already ruled it's OK.

Blister upset a small group of people with a request which has been debated to death and has resulted in Blister changing his style of advert to remove the offending words so logically the offence should die down - but it hasn't - I wonder why.

It absolutely pathetic and really rather nasty - shocking and disappointing to see on this very pleasant corner of the internet. Hopefully the mods will step in to prevent this personal and directed attack on a member of the forum.

Miles

hi miles

So finally this thread comes down to an attack on Blister and his ability to sell stuff on here and make some small assumed profit.

The mods have already ruled it's OK.

Blister upset a small group of people with a request which has been debated to death and has resulted in Blister changing his style of advert to remove the offending words so logically the offence should die down - but it hasn't - I wonder why.

It absolutely pathetic and really rather nasty - shocking and disappointing to see on this very pleasant corner of the Internet. Hopefully the mods will step in to prevent this personal and directed attack on a member of the forum.
Miles

spot on miles , i ask previously to day for constructive criticism or to shut it down to no avail I'm sorry to say , they need to do something the forum is becoming split by the minority members .hc

head clansman":30g18vlu said:
the forum is becoming split by the minority members
This has happened before and will happen again, they will do it just to wind you up, don't rise to it or as they say don't feed the trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back