Blister has a few questions , and something to ask

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloonose":2bazsye3 said:
Matt,

1. Aye right
2. If the description is true and correct and knowing who I was dealing with, a dealer or a private individual.
3. "Who gives a Monkey's fanny", would cover that !
4. Does not require an answer, for obvious reasons...

After the last time this ugly subject reared its head I took a break from the forum, looks like another one is required. I've met so many nice people via this forum and become friends with some , but its not worth all the aggravation posting comments when it always seems to get personal rather than factual.

Still fail to see how it's getting personal nor how "3" dissuades someone from expressing an opinion. I suspect our personalities may be at opposite ends of the spectrum so I'll just apologise for whatever it is I've done to you.

Jake":28dhj9ub said:
Argee":28dhj9ub said:
promhandicam":28dhj9ub said:
However there are members here who do buy and sell for profit and most appear to have decided not usually to advertise items for sale on the forum as it would be against the spirit of the forum. I personally think that it is this grey area when someone crosses the line between non-trader and trader that is a point of contention. If I were in this position, I would be less concerned with comments from forum members than I would be comments from Her Majesties Inspectors for Revenue and Customs.
Very well summarised, Steve, thank you. I believe that the amount and frequency of items offered for sale is the acid test of "trading" and - given that the age of philanthropy is dead - it's fair to assume that the sales are for profit. If they're only of stuff "not needed," why else were they purchased in the first place, if not to sell on?

Well put. I'd add price to that as an obvious indicator of purpose.
At last, some sense made of all the nonsense :)

matt":2egn1oax said:
But, if you're in the market to buy something, who gives a monkey's fanny whether someone is a trader or not?

Well I most certainly do.
The Law as it relates to Selling most certainly does.

Can we please have a final ruling by either the owner (yeh right) or a mod on whether Blister is allowed to 'trade' on this forum.

Will everyone stop moaning then?

I thought we were a friendly lot here. If so many people have so many problems with this place, I wonder why/how it even exists.

I know it's raining, but it's Saturday, do something constructive. :roll: ](*,)

I see your point Studders, but:

It's not an offence to buy anything from anyone, unless you are knowingly buying stolen goods. If you do so unwittingly, then it matters,
as it is you who will lose your money, because the original owner has claim on the goods.

So assuming that aspect is ok, if you get a sound item for a good price, the legal situation is a matter between the vendor and the taxman. Not the buyer's problem. I might want a receipt, but that's about all.

So, as stated, it doesn't matter what the vendor's 'status' is.
:wink:

Regards
John

wizer":18e0jpyj said:
Will everyone stop moaning then?

Nope.
At a certain age, and you've a way to go yet, it becomes ones duty to Moan at any and every opportunity.
Plus, as you say, it's Raining and I get to keep dry this way.

:lol:

Seriously though... I second the call for some clarification. Not on whether any particular individual is allowed to sell as such but, more, on whether comments, both positive and negative, are allowable on such threads.

studders":37jnlfq7 said:
matt":37jnlfq7 said:
But, if you're in the market to buy something, who gives a monkey's fanny whether someone is a trader or not?

Well I most certainly do.
The Law as it relates to Selling most certainly does.

But this thread is about whether or not someone should declare themselves as a trader. So, within the context of the thread, I maintain my original point/question.

Benchwayze":2q3mz2xm said:
So, as stated, it doesn't matter what the vendor's 'status' is.
:wink:

Regards
John

John, I was thinking more in terms of the seller being assumed, by potential buyers, to have owned and used the item and thus know its 'history' , good tool? , bad tool? etc. One might assume a trader may not know or even care about that.

matt":3bk3x0cb said:
But this thread is about whether or not someone should declare themselves as a trader. So, within the context of the thread, I maintain my original point/question.

Wow, nice shift. :lol:

to mods or charlie

It's about time you stepped into this thread with either constructive comments, or shut it down . hc :(

matt":19g8dv22 said:
But this thread is about whether or not someone should declare themselves as a trader.

According to the search facility on this site, 20+ for sale threads in 7 weeks, answers that for me.

Doug.

Doug B":1hpj9vze said:
matt":1hpj9vze said:
But this thread is about whether or not someone should declare themselves as a trader.

According to the search facility on this site, 20+ for sale threads in 7 weeks, answers that for me.

Doug.

I completely agree with you doug

if he was reliant on a mere 20 sales for 7 weeks income he'd starve, therefore QED he isnt a trader and does indeed drive a lorry for a living

glad we got that sorted

hypercurium":1nxxo10l said:
Doug B":1nxxo10l said:
matt":1nxxo10l said:

Doug.

I completely agree with you doug

if he was reliant on a mere 20 sales for 7 weeks income he'd starve, therefore QED he isnt a trader and does indeed drive a lorry for a living

glad we got that sorted

As usual you completely misunderstood what i have said, I would have thought you would have learnt not to jump so quickly to conclusions, given your recent postings.

studders":2welyswn said:
matt":2welyswn said:

Wow, nice shift. :lol:

Oh, yeah, silly me - I should have pointed out in my original post that I was commenting within the context of the thread.

Jake":3rxbstid said:
Argee":3rxbstid said:
promhandicam":3rxbstid said:
However there are members here who do buy and sell for profit and most appear to have decided not usually to advertise items for sale on the forum as it would be against the spirit of the forum. I personally think that it is this grey area when someone crosses the line between non-trader and trader that is a point of contention. If I were in this position, I would be less concerned with comments from forum members than I would be comments from Her Majesties Inspectors for Revenue and Customs.
Very well summarised, Steve, thank you. I believe that the amount and frequency of items offered for sale is the acid test of "trading" and - given that the age of philanthropy is dead - it's fair to assume that the sales are for profit. If they're only of stuff "not needed," why else were they purchased in the first place, if not to sell on?

Well put. I'd add price to that as an obvious indicator of purpose.

I often buy a collection to get something in it, I then resell the rest, what else would I do? Keep it, give it away? I don't have the space for the first and the second would effectively increase the cost of the things I want. I understand that this is what is being done by some people here.

If I am selling something I would prefer that people don't post anything not related to the sale, certainly comments that "this is cheaper somewhere else" are irrelevant and not welcome

dannykaye":36ci4c09 said:
I often buy a collection to get something in it, I then resell the rest, what else would I do? Keep it, give it away? I don't have the space for the first and the second would effectively increase the cost of the things I want.

Which is fine. If you do it often that makes you a small time trader though, not that there is anything wrong with that. Good luck to you.

If I am selling something I would prefer that people don't post anything not related to the sale, certainly comments that "this is cheaper somewhere else" are irrelevant and not welcome

Of course you, as the seller, would prefer that! I'm sure Rutlands would love Wizer (and me a times) to shut up. The question is whether you have a right to demand that people do. And the posts are hardly irrelevant, and you haven't given any reason for that assertion. The fact you don't like them (unless, presumably, they are 'wow what a bargain') doesn't make them irrelevant.

my tuppence ha'pennys worth,

dont really think this is somewhere you should be trying to make money.
helping to make money, possibly.....we all need a bit of guidance sometimes.
offloading unneeded kit, certainly.

sorted?

jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back