Black Friday

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizard9999

Established Member
Reaction score
I saw a news report that suggested Black Friday will not be such a big thing this year, but I wondered if anyone had seen any particularly good offers? Always up for a bargain, even if I don't need it the lure of a sale price seems irresistible to me :wink: .

Terry.

Black Friday ... When Americans kill each other over a cheap toaster just hours after giving thanks for what they already have.

i dont think that they do- it is chavs in asda that do that for a big tv

The Americans don't need an excuse to kill each other, just any old reason will do.

Mike

Pretty harsh that I think. Plenty of Americans know how to get on with others just fine.

Anyway back on topic; didn't Rutlands have some good deals last BF?

Juat be aware, studies show that most black friday deals are not really bargains at all, prices are artificially inflated and most items are cheaper at other times of the year.

My post was to some extent triggered by the fact I had an email-shot from ITS, but I couldn't see anything particularly mind blowing.

Terry.

MikeJhn":1e0gm0vp said:
The Americans don't need an excuse to kill each other, just any old reason will do.

''We kill people who kill people, because killing people is wrong'' - Abraham Lincoln

Wizard9999":o9ih675h said:
I saw a news report that suggested Black Friday will not be such a big thing this year, but I wondered if anyone had seen any particularly good offers? Always up for a bargain, even if I don't need it the lure of a sale price seems irresistible to me :wink: .

Terry.
They said that last year as well. I think Asda stopped bothering.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

I put a link in Off Topic the other day. Checkout uk.camelcamelcamel.com. Stupid name but useful web site. It graphs prices over time for Amazon items. Very helpful in terms of figuring out a sale item is really being offered at a discount. Everything I've checked has been either cheaper or the same price within the past 6 months, with the exception of one item, which was previously discounted in November 15, presumably for black friday week.

Camelcamelcamel is a really great resource if you buy on amazon. You can also get free email alerts of price changes, you can even set what kind of price drop you want to see before they email you. I have this set on a few items, no spam emails either.

NazNomad":16xa5qpp said:
Black Friday ... When Americans kill each other over a cheap toaster just hours after giving thanks for what they already have.
......... :)

I see many retailers in the UK are advertising a ''Black Friday Week''?

I think we missed the point.

If you're having a 'SALE', be honest about it.

Just looked at Amazon's top offer this morning. An electric toothbrush for £99.99 (or £99.98 depending on color...). RRP is apparently £279.99.

It connects to your iphone to show you graphs of your average brushing time.....Not only that, but it has a stand to put your iphone on whilst you brush your teeth, so you can watch the brushing data in real time!! =D> :lol: :lol: :lol:

It won a Which? best buy!

NazNomad":d6ap2b8c said:
I see many retailers in the UK are advertising a ''Black Friday Week''?

I think we missed the point.

If you're having a 'SALE', be honest about it.

ITS are rocking a 2 week "one day" sale :lol:

I'm on the look out for a particular GPS/HRM tracking watch and Amazon have a "deal" on it where its £80 off, but since their RRP was silly its only actually £20 less than everywhere else. A saving is a saving but the magnitude claim takes the wee a bit.

Back