Biscuit joiner recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too am in the market for a new biscuit joiner after my Elu got nicked, and I've been making do with a crappy B&Q jobby for 6 months.

After considering all the options I've decided to make do for another couple of months and save up for a Domino.

Cheers
Dan

Dan Tovey":eg0ps71s said:
After considering all the options I've decided to make do for another couple of months and save up for a Domino.

Cheers
Dan

:shock:

I've been watching a few videos on YouTube today, and am considering a halt to any further tool purchases until there is enough in the kity for a Domino. It would be a massive investment (for me), and may involve a couple of my hand planes being flogged off..........

Cheers

Karl

Can the domino replace a BJ? In every application?

I have a Mafell Jointer and a domino and i can honestly say i have hardly used the biscuit jointer in the past 18 months since having the domino mainly due to the domino being so quick and easy to set up and accurate.

jon

You just have to factor the cost of consumables into the job be it screws , abrasives, glue, dominos biscuits etc. In a commercial workshop the time saved is much more important than the cost of the domino. The smallest domino which i use a lot of for carcases works out at 2.5p each compared to about 2p for a no 20 biscuit so the actual differnce in cost is negligible.

jon

wizer":2qow9vqm said:
Can the domino replace a BJ? In every application?

:shock: Now then what would I rather get from my wife a Festool or a BJ its a toughie :lol:

Sorry I just had to

I have the Lamello top 10. been going for years and never let me down. a brilliant bit of kit. expensive but well worth it.

Back