Best jigsaw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryS.

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a Makita 4304T router, when I originally bought it it came with a set of non-descript blades. I've used the router a few times in the last couple of months (since I've got my workshop up and running) with pretty poor results. I've checked reviews on the saw and they are all good so it must be the blades, therefore can anyone recommend bayonet jigsaw blades ? I'm happy to pay for quality (having spent £100 on the jigsaw it would be daft to scrimp the pennies on the blades)

cheers

Perhaps using jigsaw blades in a router is the problem, maybe if you had a jigsaw..... :wink:

What are you cutting, I use a few different blades depending on material, thickness and tightness of curve. If its got pendulam action use that on thick material as it makes a lot of difference.

Jason

Bosch blades are pretty good and I have used Hilti ones in the past and found them very good.
If you want the best then maybe Festool ones would be the ones to go for not sure how much better they are compared to say Bosch.

Never use them in a router though :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a set of Bosch and found them the best I've used. But then I'd only used cheapy ones previous.

Quick cuts in most materials, Bosch T144D
Quick cuts in any thick materials over 30mm Bosch T144DP
Fine finish cuts on material less than 30mm Bosch T101B
These should cover most situations.
Cheers,
Gary.

Gary M":aeicdvyo said:
Cheers,
Gary.

Gary,
thanks for the excellent specs. its just what i was after, i'll get some ordered from screwfix

Jason,

I've generally cutting 18mm ply / mdf and smaller with the odd job cutting kitchen worktops, i didn't know about the pendulum action tip so thanks for that

Gary M":2ye1yit7 said:
Cheers,
Gary.

I use Bosch blades too, and the exact same 3 as Gary, I highly recommend them. I also recommend Bosch T101AO blades, excellent for tight curved cuts, Probably my most used blade.

Danny

Danny":1i0lkeww said:
I also recommend Bosch T101AO blades, excellent for tight curved cuts, Probably my most used blade.

Danny

For tight curves in thicker material (more than 15mm) try the T244D :wink:
Cheers,
Gary.

Starrett do a really nice set of one of each of 17 blades, suitable for any material you may care to cut.

Take a look at this link http://www.starrett.co.uk/products/sawblades/jigsaw/jig_saw_blade_assortments/

The individual blades are also available in packs of 2, 5, 20 or 100.

The only problem is finding a supplier, I had to order the set of 17, took about a week to come in.

Regards - Martin.

Bosch T101B are good general purpose blades but still prone to splintering on upcut, however, Bosch 'Progressor' blades are amazingly good (but cost a lot more). I've been using them recently on MFC and 40mm walnut with minimal chipping, knife through butter etc. Also found the Progressor blade stays cutting vertically unlike the other blades.

cheers,

Ike

martin / ike,

thanks for the info, as ever things are never quite as simple as I first think :D

bosch ones for me too. I think you can get a selection pack from screw fix, then just trial and error till you find the right one for the job.

Chances are, most of the ones quality supplied by the other manufacturers come from a Bosch orgin.
Bosch own the Scintilla factory in Switzerland. They manufacture a very high percentage of the pro quality blades in the world, I vaguely remember being told about 8 years ago by a guy who used to work for Bosch that Scintilla had something like 70-80 percent of the pro market.

cheers,
Andy

Latest posts

Back