Best grab adhesive for MDF to MDF

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joncooper27

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi I am starting a wall panelling project where I will be sticking in MDF to MDF can anyone recommend the best Grab adhesive to use. Is there an adhesive that will give an instant grab or do I need to pin them until the adhesive has set?

Take a look at the youtube reviews by robin clevett and the skilbuilder channel. There are some grab adhesive comparison tests on both.
I just did a small mdf to plaster job using solvent gripfill that was recommended to me. Stinks for days, skins straight from the tube, and doesn't flow too well. So not that ...
After watching the videos looking for an alternative I'm trying everbuild multi stick now. A newer hybrid polymer concoction that is water based but waterproof, white, flows nicely and doesn't stink.

If you're sticking MDF to MDF then you can use woodglue combined with a few spots of CA glue (aka superglue, mitrebond) to give you instant adhesion while the woodglue sets.

definately rule out grip fill, it takes an incredable amount of time to cure. If it can be done flat I'd do it with PVA, I don't think that the CA glue combination would be great unless you are working with very light strips, a panel of mdf has a fair weight to it to be held vertically

I normally use Soudal Fix All, it's a hybrid polymer and seems to work well. It has a high initial grab so you could probably get away without any pins but I always fire a few brads in so I know things won't move.

In fact exactly what I was doing today!

Kitchen panelling.jpg

I have done a couple of jobs with Titebond Construction adhesive comes in a standard cartridge
Most places on line stock the solvent free version I haven't used that one I always go for the solvent version takes a bit of finding but its a great product

Yes that's the one its very similar to Gripfil or No Nails
It has a good grab the last time I used it was to make a feature wall for a customer using laminate flooring to cover the wall and I completely built it in one go
The solvent does smell but only last for around a day
Its the only one I have found that I go back to time and time again

Latest posts

Back