Best drill piece set.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norfolk75

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon.

I'm looking for a good quality drill bit set, now I've purchased the makita drill set before for £19.99 and what I learned is in this set doesn't seem to match the quality of their tools which are superb, I've also tried the dewalt drill set £21 before which again doesn't seem to live up to their tools range.

Are you getting a lesser quality product when buying the set like this, ive bought drill bits from dewalt & Makita separately before And they were good yet it seems less quality in these sets.

What would you recommend as a quality drill set please if purchased as a set or would you recommend buying the bits individually.

Thank you.

The drill bit sets sold by Makita etc are usually Made in China generic bits from the same or similar factories. They offer fantastic value for money by and large but the quality does vary dramatically. I like Fisch products, made in Austria and sold by Axminster amongst others, and have been staggered at the quality and precision machining at a very competitive price.

I bought this set:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/fisch-8-piec ... set-502125

last week to use in a drill with a chuck and for £16ish they are absolutely superb. They cut beautifully, extract the shavings very efficiently and most important run true and leave clean start and exit holes

Always difficult to recommend tools and bits but this set is a cracker.

If you are after screwdriver bits, I have always used Wera and have yet to break one in either a standard drill or an impact driver (using Wera impact bits).

Pat

Can also recommend the Fisch bits. I have only bought the one so far, a 12mm that i use to drill into end grain of 18mm birch ply and it cuts superbly. Will be getting some more as and when i need to replace.

I've been quite amazed at the quality of the Erbauer bits peddled by Screwfix. I use them in wood but they have had astonishing performance in both steel and cast iron, staying sharp for ever! Not sure if they do them in sets, but they do do them in packs of 5 which is the way I buy them in the size I want. Cheaper than the screwfix bits are those from U.K. Drills. Very good mail order service and not found any quality issues with them, but I might have just been lucky ?

Back