Beginner - Advice on a Fox Midi Lathe F46251

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaz_XB9R

Established Member
Reaction score
I have not done any turning before but quite fancy making a start.

Was looking for a small lathe to start as I only have a single garage as a workshop.

Would this lathe be suitable for making a start on pens / knobs / finials and small bowls?

Hi Gaz

There's a Record CL5 (pre chaiwan) for sale in my area... bit far for you unfortunately but it's one worth considering along with the RPML from Record... not sure whether Record still have them in their range ... check clubs etc in your area for s/h versions

Hi , and welcome , best look on Ebay or Friday adds site , you can normaly get a better quality Lathe with a chuck and sometimes chissels and wood for a fair price

Good luck

Hi Gaz,

I agree with Oldsoke & Blister (they sound like a firm of lawyers or turf accountants). There's not a lot can go wrong with a lathe, and if it looks reasonably well-treated a second-hand buy will usually get you more for your money. Is there a woodturning club in your area? If so, join it and ask around the members - they often have bits for sale that they've not bothered advertising.

Bob

Latest posts

Back