BBC4 on right now - The genius of British woodwork

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdust=manglitter

Established Member
Reaction score
The other half was flicking channels while I was browsing the forum and I heard this pop on the TV. “Carved with love: the genius of British woodwork”
On right now, pretty interesting (10pm on Wed 28th March)

Some incredible carving work by Gibbon, which i would never have even heard about if it wasnt for stumbling upon this program. Very interesting!
Gutted to say that i missed last weeks program about Chippendale. Will be keeping an eye out for next weeks final instalment. Is there a way to watch last weeks episode?

Clwydianrange":26emmgwg said:
Did you see last weeks programme all about Chippendale

Sad that he ended up so poor mainly because of delayed (10 years in one case) payments for his incredible work. Genius craftsman but not so good at business.

amazingly there's a carving of his in stockport, in a bank that is a listed building, I tried recently to get them to show me, and it didn't go down well, they said that hardly anyone knows it exsists, let alone asks to see it, to me this is a discrace, it should be seen by the public, apparently it's an amazing hand carved fireplace, and he mustn't have done that many of them.

Sawdust=manglitter":3do613te said:
Some incredible carving work by Gibbon, which i would never have even heard about if it wasnt for stumbling upon this program. Very interesting!
Gutted to say that i missed last weeks program about Chippendale. Will be keeping an eye out for next weeks final instalment. Is there a way to watch last weeks episode?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01psbwz/carved-with-love-the-genius-of-british-woodwork-1-the-extraordinary-thomas-chippendale

Back