Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John15, thanks for that, Record was one of the machines I quite liked, having seen the youtube video of the TS300 model (lovely but more than I wanted to spend just now, I think £300 max is ball park)

caroleb - you dis well to get yours for the price. The ones on ebay are far more and I would like a newer machine if possible ( not up to restoration these days)

Thanks guys.
Alex

Jim here just pointed me to David Barron's mention about the virtues of second-hand bandsaws - on his blog (July)... scroll down a few topics. The good old Startrite crops up of course. He also rates the Burgess 3 wheeler as a small tabletop (Jim is a fan of his) but no mention of the formidable Inca :shock:

Worth a quick look anyway:

http://davidbarronfurniture.blogspot.co ... chive.html

condeesteso":22soavd6 said:
Jim here just pointed me to David Barron's mention about the virtues of second-hand bandsaws - on his blog (July)... scroll down a few topics. The good old Startrite crops up of course. He also rates the Burgess 3 wheeler as a small tabletop (Jim is a fan of his) but no mention of the formidable Inca :shock:

Thanks Douglas. I have had a look at that and searched the web for a bargain, but none around at present. My budget is about 2-300 to start with, as other equipment to buy as well.

Most comments about the lower price new band saws, under £300, seem to say 'don't go there', which indicates that there is a lot of rubbish being sold.

I had a call from a very nice guy near Oxford (John - Thanks again) who bought a Record 250 about 3 months ago and seems very happy with it and what it can do.

Is there nobody else able to say a good word for modern machinery for a beginner?

Alex

Alexam":1kx87bz4 said:
condeesteso":1kx87bz4 said:

Thanks Douglas. I have had a look at that and searched the web for a bargain, but none around at present. My budget is about 2-300 to start with, as other equipment to buy as well.

Most comments about the lower price new band saws, under £300, seem to say 'don't go there', which indicates that there is a lot of rubbish being sold.

I had a call from a very nice guy near Oxford (John - Thanks again) who bought a Record 250 about 3 months ago and seems very happy with it and what it can do.

Is there nobody else able to say a good word for modern machinery for a beginner?

No. Most members agree that the older quality made stuff tends to be "King".
The newer stuff, seems to be the same 3 or 4 items painted different colours and their different logo's.
I have a Record 250, which is quite good with the sooper dooper Tuff blades, that i can recomend, but an Inca, Startrite etc would serve you better. Regards Rodders

Thanks Rodders, that's another vote to say that the Record 250 is OK, but before ordering, I think I would like to see that one in action ...................... a plan for the diary.

Alex

Alex,
Whatever you have in mind don't forget the amount of dust produced. Using it in your garage could result in problems you don't want :wink:

Ray 8)

Back