bandsaw tyres.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done it once on a SIP bandsaw. Can't remember where I bought the tyres from but I can remember it was a nightmare. I ended up using about a dozen screwdrivers to lever them into position as they were so tight

I have the RSBS14 so will be watching this thread, my tires are in good condition (I think) but are gummed up a little from all the green wood I've cut over the last few months, what would you guys clean them with? I'm worried using meths or similar could damage them.

I was lucky in that I ordered the tyres in America, and had them brought over by one of my numerous American brothers in law. It was a lot cheaper than way. That was at least 15 years ago, so things may have changed.

Put the tires in freshly boiled water for about five minutes. Make sure they are pliable before you start or the tires will snap. Use only wooden tools to stretch the tires onto the wheels. If you struggle getting the tires on, put them back into boiled water and try again. Don't get in a hurry or you'll be buying new tires again! Like I did.

I have the RSBS14 so will be watching this thread, my tires are in good condition (I think) but are gummed up a little from all the green wood I've cut over the last few months, what would you guys clean them with? I'm worried using meths or similar could damage them.
Isopropyl alcohol, but don't drink it. 🤯

I replaced those on my Elektra Bekum recently - tyres from Bedford Saws.
I think that all of the bases are covered in comments above.

Well, I have it. It needs a drive belt, new tyres and new guide bearings - the wheel bearings are fine. £65, thereabouts, so for £140 it's like a new saw.
DSC_0000201.jpg

Back