Bandsaw going cheap

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkchapman

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Harbor Freight 14 inch bandsaw taking up space in my workshop that I'd like to send to a good home.

As far as I know it's got all its parts and is in working order, but I haven't used it since I moved back from the USA 3 years ago. I did rewire it for 240 volt operation but that's it.

I think item number 32208 at the Harbor Freight site looks like the same model. I also have a riser block for it to increase the height of cut to 12 inches but I don't have the corresponding longer post to allow the guides to be fully lowered when in that configuration.

In view of it's condition and untested status, I'll let it go for 75 pounds or best offer.

Collection only, from Worcestershire.

Hi RK
Were I not happy with my 14'' Record I would be getting in touch at that price . I've heard say they do a very good tool . Don't think it will take up your space for long . Cheers !

Well I had a few nibbles but no definite bites yet, so just to hasten things along I'll add the following update:

I have now taken the time to mount a blade and fire it up, and it seems to be cutting just fine. I'll throw in any blades I can find that fit it - that includes a couple of TimberWolf blades that are very effective for cutting bowl blanks in wet timber (that's about all I ever used the bandsaw for...

The table insert (throat plate) is missing, but it should be easy enough to make a new one from a bit of plywood, perspex, or whatever takes your fancy. Other than that it's all there...

There was some concern expressed about availability of parts, but I think that most of the 14inch bandsaws are fairly interchangable in that regard. The riser block for this one was actually sold for a Jet... I have a spare motor (that came off an old Ridgid late, but it fits) that I'll throw in if anyone wants it.

If the price is putting anyone off, I'll happily accept more. Or a trade...

Latest posts

Back