Bandsaw buying advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_H

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi - I'm looking at buying a new bandsaw - sold my Record Power about 18 months ago and regretting it (had a brief spell with a Kity 613 which I just sold). I'm looking at a Record Power BS400 or an Axminster AP2920B. Annoyingly both Yandles and Axminster said their delivery is kerbside only which is a pain. Yandles said their courier 'aren't covered for insurance if they step onto the property. I have a gravel drive and could have done with helping getting to the workshop but a bit of a pain.

Anyway, the main point, wondered what people's views are on the BS400 or AP2020B or whether a similar one I could consider. Not sure if anyone has the Axminster one and any thoughts as fairly new I think.

Thanks

Yandles said their courier 'aren't covered for insurance if they step onto the property.
Just wave a twenty pound note at the courier and I am sure they will assist. Make sure you have some boards to lay on the gravel and the pallet truck will get over it. I have the BS400 and no regrets, I use the std fence and a Kreg aftermarket fence on the opposite side so easier to cut when table tilted. You can also get the Sabre fence as an upgrade as another option.

I’m
Just wave a twenty pound note at the courier and I am sure they will assist. Make sure you have some boards to lay on the gravel and the pallet truck will get over it. I have the BS400 and no regrets, I use the std fence and a Kreg aftermarket fence on the opposite side so easier to cut when table tilted. You can also get the Sabre fence as an upgrade as another option.
thanks I started looking at the Record Sabre 350 aswell today. Looks interesting

Managed to get a Record BS400 secondhand and a courier with two men and a Luton van so can back up to my workshop - so fingers crossed all goes well

I had a Laguna 14BX delivered by Yandles. I laid ply boards over the gravel and the courier got the pallet most of the way to my workshop.

It was then surprisingly easy to flip the box up. I had to open it though to figure out which way was up. I also took out the table and fence to make it lighter. Then i strapped it onto a sack truck and wheeled it about 10m and into the workshop. Much easier than i was expecting. And i did it on my own.

Even Record Power have recognised the bad guide engineering on the BS series of Bandsaws and have modified the guides on the latest Sabre series.

Latest posts

Back