Bandsaw and the setting up of.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary

Established Member
Reaction score
For sometime I have owned a Record BS350 and up to now I have only used it for rough work.

In order to use the full potential of this machine I realise that it requires fine setting up. Are there any BS350 owners who can abvise on this and how to over come any problems particular to this machine.

Gary

Hi Gary,

In this months Good Woodworking Steve Maskery wrote a pretty helpful guide to setting up a bandsaw. If he is hanging around the forum any time soon, i am sure he will give you a few more tips.

Cheers

Mike

Get out your hand book, fit new say half inch blade after backing off all guides adjust to get blade running on centre of top wheel set tension to half inch blade check and adjust table to 90 deg.from blade, set lower and upper back stops turn wheels by hand to confirm, set lower and upper side stops to correct position relitive to gullets and adjust to guide blade correctly and confirm. adjust fence to be in line with slots in table check mesurement scale is correct for new blade. Cut some wood with moderate force to run in blade re check and adjust blade guides after 30 min. use, for a finer finish change blade.

Mike.C":osuolown said:
In this months Good Woodworking Steve Maskery wrote a pretty helpful guide to setting up a bandsaw.

Talk about damned with faint praise... :wink:
It reminds me of my Chinese friend Ally Xing Ping, who always commented, very enthusiastically, that my cooking was "quite nice". When I got to know her a bit better, I politely pointed out her gaff, and explained that it was very funny because of the mis-match between what she said and the way she said it. She was, of course, mortified. So thereafter my meals were "very delicious". Bless.

Mike.C":osuolown said:
If he is hanging around the forum any time soon, i am sure he will give you a few more tips.

Well actually, given that it is still on the shelves, my tip would be to buy the mag, we need every reader we can get!

Whilst some of the article was re-ordered for stylistic purposes the content of the article was pretty much as I originally wrote it. Certainly all the key features are there. I dare say that in the fullness of time I'll put it on my web-site.

But not while it is still in the shops...

Cheers
Steve

ME :oops:

In this months Good Woodworking Steve Maskery wrote a pretty helpful guide to setting up a bandsaw. :oops:

Steve

Talk about damned with faint praise :wink:

Oops, :shock: sorry but it was not meant like that.

ME

If he is hanging around the forum any time soon, i am sure he will give you a few more tips.

Steve

Well actually, given that it is still on the shelves, my tip would be to buy the mag, we need every reader we can get!

:roll: On no you don't :D , because first of all when i said "In this months Good Woodworking", my thought was, if he wanted to read the article, he would go to the shop and buy it. :lol: :wink:

Secondly, you will see that i said "I am sure he will give you a few MORE TIPS". Meaning that if he needed to know more, AFTER he read your piece, i am sure you would help him. :wink:

Steve,

"We need every reader we can get"

To tell you the truth, i know that you write contributions for Good Woodworking, but i had no idea that you worked for them permantally, or in such a way that you class yourself as a member of staff, as in "WE" need every reader we can get

That said, you can be assured that i will not point anyone in your direction if it concerns that months GWW.

Cheers

Mike

Back